Glory in Death

by J D Robb | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by snowy652 of Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada on 10/15/2005
Journal Entry 1 by snowy652 from Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, October 15, 2005
given to me by my mom

Synopsis
New York detective Eve Dallas had no problem finding the connection between the two murders. Both victims were beautiful, highly successful women whose glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provide Eve with a long list of suspects, including her own lover, Roarke.

J.D. Robb is the pseudonym for author Nora Roberts, who has created yet another memorable heroine in Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas. This New York Times bestselling author's latest novel deftly blends romantic suspense and futuristic technology to create a unique, unforgettable story. Original.
The first victim was found lying on the sidewalk in the rain. The second was murdered in her own apartment building. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas had no problem finding convictions of the two crimes. Both victims were beautiful and highly successful women. Their glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provided Eve with a long lost of suspects -- including her own lover -- Roarke. As a woman, Eve was compelled to trust the man who shared her bed. But as a cop, it was her job to follow every lead . . .to investigate every scandalous rumor . . .to explore every secret passion, no matter how dark. Or how dangerous.

***The verdict is still not out on my feelings towards the J.D. Robb series. I am enjoying the mystery aspect and in this one I had no clue as to the real murderer was until the very end. At times I still find myself confused with the whole futuristic aspect of these novels. However, I still plan on reading more of them as I have heard from others that they get better as the series goes on.

Journal Entry 2 by snowy652 at canada post in a fellow bookmoocher, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (9/19/2006 UTC) at canada post in a fellow bookmoocher, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, September 27, 2006
received in the mail today from BookMooch. A BC book :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 02, 2007
A great book. A good mystery. Eve Dallas is one kick-a$$ cop. I am so glad I started this series. Both the first and second book have been great. I figured out who the murderer was about halfway through but it didn't diminish the story at all

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 12, 2007
Started reading this one today!

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 17, 2007
This is the second "In Death" book by J.D. Robb. Looking at the publication date, I can't believe that this was published only 11 years ago and Robb has churned out over 20 other In Death books.
The book is set in the future and I enjoy reading about the things Robb envisions for the future. Last book I noticed that Quebec was listed as its own country. This time, Eve Dallas, the main character, calls God a "she" plenty of times. It makes you wonder if maybe the society finds proof in the future that God is a female?
This story finds Dallas hunting for a murderer of powerful women. She tries to paint herself as a target, and fails. I suspected the who the murderer was right from the beginning and I didn't understand why she didn't ask him any questions? Infact, I second guessed myself because I thought maybe I had missed something in the book to explain why he couldn't be the murderer and that's why they weren't questioning him. I didn't think that part was too well written. Any good cop that isn't trying to build suspense for a novel would have asked him questions the first time he was at the scene.
The relationship between Eve and Roarke was enjoyable. Their chemistry is great and they are a fun couple to read about. What is Roarke's first name though? Or is Roarke his last name and he has no first? It would be nice to see Summerset fired. Or at least explain what his problem is. There was also the introduction of a new cop, Peabody, who I would like to see work side by side with Dallas eventually (and I'm sure she will). So long as she doesn't take the place of Feeney though, that guy is great!
This was a fun book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 24, 2007
This book is with me and reserved for Dodau

Journal Entry 8 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 18, 2007
mailed Friday to Dodau as she would like to read the series

Journal Entry 9 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 21, 2007
One of two that arrived this morning from AceofHearts in Canada. Thank you friend and I will sending some off to you very soon

Journal Entry 10 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 03, 2007
An excellent book, i love this series and i love Dallas. Looking forward to the next ones in the set

Journal Entry 11 by dodau at My house in handed over in person, South Carolina -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 03, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (12/3/2007 UTC) at My house in handed over in person, South Carolina -- Controlled Releases