Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas

by Tom Robbins | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by DTH-272697 on 10/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by DTH-272697 on Sunday, October 09, 2005
I guess I always rate Tom Robbins books at 10 stars. I've loved every book he's written (that I've read so far) and always for different reasons, but always because they are so original and witty. I'd like to keep this in my personal Tom Robbins Collection, but since I know someone who loves Tom Robbins too, I guess I'll just start a bookring with it. If you love someone, set them free. If it isn't already, that shoulc be a BookCrossing slogan.

Journal Entry 2 by DTH-272697 on Sunday, October 09, 2005
This book's going to biba89.

Journal Entry 3 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, October 15, 2005
I was purring with joy when I opened this unexpected present this morning.
I absolutely love Tom Robbins' books and this comes as a lovely surprise.
A bookring, eh? Otherwise I would have grabbed hold of this, never to let go. Mind you, I also have a personal Tom Robbins Collection.
I look forward to this very much! Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, October 30, 2005
Yes, Robbins is always fascinating, and his prose is outrageous. Highly enjoyable. But this was not ranked highest among my favourite Robbins novels. First, in this urban setting I dearly missed his nature descriptions. Secondly, the form in which the story is told - not the first person or the third, but the second - gives a strange taste to the book. I wasn't sure whether I liked that. But still I enjoyed reading it a lot. Thank you so much! I will send it back now.