Birth of Fire

by Jerry Pournelle | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 067165649x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Unbalanced of Hampton, Victoria Australia on 10/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Unbalanced from Hampton, Victoria Australia on Saturday, October 8, 2005
Welcome to BookCrossing :-)

If you find this book, and are not familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for checking the site out. Welcome! Enjoy both the book and the site.

I hope you'll journal this book (you may remain anonymous), and maybe even join up (it doesn't cost anything to join).

People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing.

If you do decide to become a BookCrosser, please consider using me, Unbalanced, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book.

Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Happy reading and Happy Crossing!

----------------------------------

Review From Amazon.com:

5 out ot 5 starts: One of the Best Mars Colonization Novels Ever, November 7, 2001
Reviewer:optimusprimerib

I had not read any of Jerry Pournelle's other books, when I picked this up years ago. It is an amazingly good yarn dealing with the now cliched notion of the colonization of Mars. The lead protagonist Garrett is given the option to stay in jail in overcrowded earth or get shipped out to Mars on a work detail.
He opts for the latter and gets involved in a revolution to free Mars from the oppressive multinational corporations back on earth. I read this book at least thrice! Great writing. The author moves the action at a good pace. The book felt very believable.