Hogfather (Discworld S.)

by Terry Pratchett | Humor |
Registered by Unbalanced of Hampton, Victoria Australia on 10/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Unbalanced from Hampton, Victoria Australia on Saturday, October 08, 2005
Yay, another Terry Pratchett.

Journal Entry 2 by AussieNisi on Monday, December 12, 2005
This is Pratchett's 20th Discworld novel. I haven't read it for some time - due for a revisit... Death trying to fill in for the Hogfather is particularly creepy :)

"It's the night before Hogswatch, and it's too quiet.

"Where is the big jolly fat man? Why is Death creeping down chimneys and trying to say Ho Ho Ho? The darkest night of the year is getting a lot darker...

"Susan, the gothic governess has got to sort it out by morning, otherwise there won't be a morning. Ever again..."

The Death of Rats, Violet the Tooth Fairy, and the Oh God of Hangovers also make appearances.

A memorable quote from the notorious Corporal Nobby Nobbs :

"They always gives me bath salts," complained Nobby. "And bath soap and bubble bath and herbal bath lumps and tons of bath stuff and I can't think why, 'cos it's not as if I hardly ever has a bath. You'd think they'd take the hint, wouldn't you?"

An appropriate book to give out at Christmas time :) Will be wrapped up nicely and given to an unsuspecting BookCrosser at our Christmas Booking tonight.

Journal Entry 3 by Melanie2474 from Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Not-so-secret-Santa - thanks AussieNisi :) Always glad to add another to the collection.

Journal Entry 4 by Melanie2474 at Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, November 04, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (11/4/2019 UTC) at Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Gifted via Facebook.

WELCOME! You have found not only a book but a community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please use Melanie2474 as your referrer.

I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that this book has been found. Once you've read this book, feel free to keep it or pass it on to a friend or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find.