SMALL GODS (A DISCWORLD NOVEL)

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Unbalanced of Hampton, Victoria Australia on 10/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Unbalanced from Hampton, Victoria Australia on Thursday, October 06, 2005
Without even a journal entry, this book has been immediatly reserved for AusieNissi, before the other Terry Pratchett fans in BC world get their hands on it.

Journal Entry 2 by AussieNisi on Tuesday, November 15, 2005
The Turtle Moves...

Small Gods is one of my absolutely favourite Pratchett novels. I am a cult survivor, and I love this book on many levels - the funny stuff is hilarious, and the biting observations on religion are perfect. Pratchett's theory on how gods exisit is wonderful.

One of many great quotes :

"There were all sorts of ways to petition the Great God, but they all depended largely on how much you could afford, which was right and proper and exactly how things should be. After all, those who had achieved success in the world clearly had done it with the approval of the Great God, because it was impossible to believe that they had managed it with His disapproval. In the same way, the Quisition could act without possibility of flaw. Suspicion was proof. How could it be anything else? The Great God would not have seen fit to put suspicion in the minds of His exquisitors unless it was right that it should be there. Life could be very simple, if you believed in the Great God Om. And sometimes quite short too." (pg 67)

Blurb reads :
In the beginning was the Word.
And the Word was : "Hey, you!"
For Brutha the novice is the Chosen One. He wants peace and justice and brotherly love.
He also wants the Inquisition to stop torturing him now, please...

Journal Entry 3 by AussieNisi at Starbucks in Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, December 12, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/13/2005 UTC) at Starbucks in Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia

At our December Booking

Journal Entry 4 by Unbalanced from Hampton, Victoria Australia on Friday, December 16, 2005
Welcome to BookCrossing

If you find this book, and are not familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for checking the site out. Welcome! Enjoy both the book and the site.

I hope you'll journal this book (you may remain anonymous), and maybe even join up (it doesn't cost anything to join).

People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing.

If you do decide to become a BookCrosser, please consider using me, Unbalanced, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book.

Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Happy reading and Happy Crossing!

Journal Entry 5 by Melanie2474 from Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Another piece of Discworld falls into place...

Journal Entry 6 by Melanie2474 at Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, November 04, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (11/4/2019 UTC) at Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Gifted via Facebook.

WELCOME! You have found not only a book but a community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please use Melanie2474 as your referrer.

I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that this book has been found. Once you've read this book, feel free to keep it or pass it on to a friend or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find.