Enigma

by Robert Harris | History |
ISBN: 0099992000 Global Overview for this book
Registered by dododumpling of St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 10/4/2005
Journal Entry 1 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 04, 2005
A 5p-from-the-library-sale-shelf special. :) I loved Harris's novels Archangel and Fatherland and enjoyed the film adaptation of this. Let's see if I enjoy the book as well.

Journal Entry 2 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 23, 2005
Lent to my in-laws. Hope they enjoy it!

19 March 2006
Returned to me - yup, they enjoyed it! It now returns to my Mt TBR.

Journal Entry 3 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 26, 2007
I watched the film version a few years ago, but found I couldn't remember it at all, so the ending was a surprise to me! ;) It's a fast-paced thriller - the action takes place over just a few days - set against the horrors of the Second World War. I found the cryptanalysis fascinating, but equally informative were the glimpses into the deprivations of Home Front life (whale meat and wooden toothbrushes, anybody?)

Journal Entry 4 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 28, 2007
I'm taking this to the Uncon in Brighton on Saturday.

Journal Entry 5 by Twicky from Twickenham, Middlesex United Kingdom on Sunday, July 01, 2007
Picked up at the 2007 Unconvention and to be released as part of the Unconvention Reverse Scavenger Hunt.

Journal Entry 6 by Twicky at West Pier in Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, July 01, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (7/1/2007 UTC) at West Pier in Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom

Released as part of the Unconvention Reverse Scavenger Hunt. Hope somebody finds me :-)