The Unconsoled (Vintage International)

by Kazuo Ishiguro | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by creativeMGE of Kensington, Maryland USA on 10/3/2005
Journal Entry 1 by creativeMGE from Kensington, Maryland USA on Monday, October 03, 2005
I love this book. To say I entered this book would be an understatement; the story actually seemed to engulf my real life for the week that I read it.

------------------

Oct. 24
Sending this to AsianWatterfall, one of the winners of my RABCK trivia contest.
Delivery confirmation: 0305 0830 0004 1377 7358

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by AsianWaterfall from Deland, Florida USA on Saturday, October 29, 2005
Arrived today. Thanks so much for the book and for having such a fun trivia contest! :D

Journal Entry 3 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Tuesday, September 16, 2008
received in the mail from AsianWaterfall of Jacksonville, Florida.

Thank you, AsianWaterfall for trading. I shall add this to my Mount TBR and hopefully read it soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Monday, March 07, 2011
It took me forever to read this book. This book reminds me of a modern-day "Alice in Wonderland" with the part of Alice being played by a middle-aged concert pianist who is spending a few days in an un-named mid-sized European city that is filled with inhabitants as crazy and ridiculous as the characters that Alice meets in Wonderland. The book has a dreamlike quality. The main character, this pianist, is often lost wandering around trying to find his way. Distance between places seem unnecessarily long and then places are unexpectedly encoutered. Buildings have long corridors within which the pianist is trying to find his way. People are unexpectedly encountered. People are hard to find. Places are hard to find. Relationships are undefined. Behavior is bizarre. The book is full of ironic situations and the ridiculousness of human behavior.

Journal Entry 5 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at a RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 12, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (3/12/2011 UTC) at a RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

This book is being mailed to a bookcrosser as an RABCK to fulfill a wish on his wishlist.

Journal Entry 6 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Saturday, March 26, 2011
Received in the mail today in a box-o-books as a surprise Wishlist RABCK! Thank you!

1996 Vintage trade paperback of the 1995 acclaimed novel. This was on my list of the best modern novels to read.

I can let this go after I read:
1982 A Family Supper (short story) [read 2013]