Ten Big Ones (A Stephanie Plum Novel)

by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 10/2/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 02, 2005
From the Publisher
She's accidentally destroyed a dozen cars. She's a target for every psycho and miscreant this side of the Jersey Turnpike. He mother's convinced she'll end up dead...or worse, without a man. She's Stephanie Plum and she kicks butt for a living (well, she thought it would sound good to put it that way...)
It begins as an innocent trip to the deli-mart, on a quest for nachos. But Stephanie Plum and her partner, Lula, are clearly in the wrong place at the wrong time. A robbery leads to an explosion, which leads to the destruction of yet another car. It would be just another day in the life of Stephanie Plum...except that she becomes the target of a gang. And the target of an even scarier, more dangerous force that comes to Trenton. With super bounty hunter Ranger out of town (and Stephanie on the outs with vice cop Morelli), she finds herself alone, with a decision to make: how to protect herself and where to hide while on the hunt for a killer known as the Junkman. There's only one safe place, and it has Ranger's name all over it-if she can find it. And if the Junkman doesn't find her first. With Lula riding shotgun and Grandma Mazur on the loose, Stephanie Plum is racing against the clock in her most suspenseful novel yet. Ten Big Ones is page-turning entertainment and Janet Evanovich is the best there is.

giving to Hoserlauren to read first

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 21, 2012
This is on my shelf because I've got most of the number series books. We'll read this when we get up to this book in the series.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 29, 2013
Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum this time finds herself witnessing a robbery by the Red Devil, whom has been terrorizing the city with burglaries and fires. She catches a glimpse of him as he pulls off his mask and is the only one that can identify him. When she finds out that he is part of a gang, her and ex-ho Lula take their car through the bad part of city to see if they can't find the Red Devil. But the gang members don't like her driving in their hood and start banging on her car. Stephanie takes one of them for a ride, almost running him over. A few days later, there's a hit out for Stephanie and she needs to hid. Morelli wants to lock her up in his house but Stephanie isn't having any of that.

This is one of the biggest binds that Stephanie has been in. I don't like it when she cuts things off with Morelli but this time it seemed to only half be a cut off, I'm sure they'll be back together soon enough. Morelli, Stephanie, and Bob the dog make a great family and provide comic relief!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 04, 2013
This book is back with me :)

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 08, 2014
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books.

I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at -- Controlled Release in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/16/2014 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

My colleague took this with her to Mexico to release. It could be anywhere from the airport to the hotel or other tourist spots! Hope whomever finds it enjoys it.

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.