The Backwoods

by Edward Lee | Horror |
Registered by mellion108 of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on 10/2/2005
Journal Entry 1 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Sunday, October 02, 2005
Paperback, 339 pages

From the back cover:
More than memories await Patricia when she returns to the quiet backwoods town where she grew up. A woman strangled half to death and buried alive. Children who scampered off to play, never to return. Men and women strung up and butchered for sport. Corpses dug up and bodies found—with parts missing. All these greet patricia. All these and more...

Something from the darkest heart of the night is stalking her while the town itself seems cursed by a nameless evil. Lust-filled dreams fuel deadly obsessions, the bodies pile up, and the blood flows. Black secrets are revealed and nightmares live in...The Backwoods.

Journal Entry 2 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Saturday, January 07, 2006
Bookray mailing order:

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Thursday, January 12, 2006
Picked this up at the post office today... can't wait to dive in! Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Saturday, February 18, 2006
Ok, I just couldn't stay focused on this story. I'm thinking it's more me than it is the book or author, though. I've been in a bit of a book funk all year.... not going to hold onto this one any longer, will be passing on as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjarewing at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Thursday, July 03, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (7/3/2008 UTC) at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA

Woah, I can't believe I've had this book for so long! I remember trying to get into it, and getting bored... then mellion108 told me to take my time and try again later.... but I doubt she intended it to be *this* much later... she wanted me to send this back her way when I was done, so off it goes!

Journal Entry 6 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Monday, July 21, 2008
LOL...with my memory, Jare, you could have kept the book, and I would never have known. ;-)

I'll be sending this on or using it over on the Horror Virtual BookBox on BookObsessed.