The Olive Season: Amour, a New Life and Olives Too

by Carol Drinkwater | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by WistfulDragon of Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on 10/2/2005
Journal Entry 1 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 02, 2005
Sequel to 'The Olive Farm'.

"In The Olive Season Carol is now pregnant and their ever-loyal Arab gardner is leaving to oversee the marrying off of his last son. Often unassisted, and with new challenges to face, she takes on the bulk of the farm work alone. Water is, as ever, a costly problem and she goes in search of a diviner who promises almost magical results. But, as the harvest season approaches, dramatic events cast dark shadows over their olive farm."

Released 14 yrs ago (10/3/2005 UTC) at The Clarence, Whitehall in City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom

On the barrel

Journal Entry 3 by butterfly80 on Sunday, May 14, 2006
I found this book in a cool, old pub in London called The Clarence Public House...it was my first time overseas, so I was completely in awe of everything. I am a book lover, so when I entered the pub with my friend and saw a pile of free books, I grabbed one. So far this book is well-written and I am enjoying it. I love the idea of growing olives and having a goat in the hills of Italy, and this book has me mesmerized daydreaming about it. I am only a fourth of the way through, but I really like it. Once I am done with it, I will probably leave it in a cool little coffee shop I know of in the Highlands area of downtown Atlanta. Or maybe just on a bus...