corner corner The Dice Man

The Dice Man
by Luke Rhinehart | Literature & Fiction
Registered by MrBinns of Cannock, Staffordshire United Kingdom on 9/30/2005

status (set by badgerhead): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by MrBinns from Cannock, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 30, 2005

I’ve categorised this book as Literature and Fiction but I’m sure it could have just of easily been pigeon-holed as Religion and Spirituality or more reasonably, Fantasy.

Living your life with no rules apart from making all your decisions by the roll of a dice does sound quite exciting and probably well worthy of a book. For me however, this book starts well but before you even pass the half way mark you do get the feeling the author is stretching the point writing with his ego rather than his soul. The effect of decision making by dice on a person is interesting while they still have a personality, once that’s lost is when this book just becomes a rambling series of events.

I guess this book just wasn’t for me and I’m currently reading a book about Brian Wilson and the making of Pet Sounds to put me back on track.

Journal Entry 2 by MrBinns at Hudson's, 122-124 Colmore Row in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, September 30, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (9/30/2005 UTC) at Hudson's, 122-124 Colmore Row in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

They say you can't judge a book by it's cover, well if it has a rave review from Loaded magazine on the cover I think you can assume it's not a good one.

Book in Hudsons from 17:00 30/09/05!

Journal Entry 3 by wingHudsons-Bhamwing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Now available on the Hudsons BookShelf - to the right hand side of the back section as you go in.

Thank you for leaving this book and we hope it's picked up and travels widely!

Journal Entry 4 by badgerhead from Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, October 10, 2005

Hi! I caught this book at Hudsons coffee house, Colmore Row, Birmingham.
I was minding my own business with a pot of Lady Grey tea and some biccies and there it was. Actually, that's rubbish, I knew about the bookcrossing shelf and went looking for something new to read! It certainly sounds different & I'll be making a start on it when I get home tonight.