The Empire of the Wolves : A Novel

by Jean-Christophe Grange | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 9/26/2005
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 26, 2005
I picked this one up for $3 at the Word on the Street festival. Lots of fun, and a good deal!

From Chapters:
Anna Heymes, the wife of a top-ranking Parisian official, suffers from amnesia and terrifying hallucinations. In an effort to understand her malady, a psychiatrist performs a series of tests, which reveal that she has undergone drastic cosmetic surgery, totally transforming her appearance. When, where, and why, Anna cannot remember.
In the Turkish district of Paris, two policemen investigate the brutal murders of three women from the tenth arrondissement's underground workshops. At the heart of their investigation is a powerful and ruthless group of right-wing Turkish mafia members, the "Grey Wolves," who are involved in every conceivable manner of illegal trafficking.

The link between Anna and the three murders becomes increasingly clear as her past is revealed and each of these characters -- prey and predator, manipulated and manipulator -- race toward an astonishing and horrible collision in the murky streets of a clandestine Paris and in the shadowy confines of Istanbul.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 24, 2007
I tried, but I really couldn't get into this one. Although things were looking promising with Anna going through tests for her memory loss, the book was moving way too slowly. Also, quite a few characters were introduced. Since the book is based in Paris, the characters have long, hard to pronounce names that I couldn't easily remember.
Life is too short and there are too many good books out there to spend time on the ones that don't capture your interest right away!
This is reserved for danesnboxers. I hope she enjoys this more than I did!

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 29, 2007
Sent off on Saturday via the Virginia post office to Danesnboxers!

Journal Entry 4 by danesnboxers from Union, Missouri USA on Monday, May 28, 2007
OK, got this about a week ago and forgot to journal it. Thought I had but never can trust my memory. LOL. Thanks for sharing.
Danesnboxers