Whispers

by Lisa Jackson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JuneBug31 of Omemee, Ontario Canada on 9/24/2005
Journal Entry 1 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 24, 2005
From back cover:

In the chill of an Oregon night, a man plunges to his death. Another vanishes without a trace. A third drowns in the murkey waters of a quiet lake. Alone in the dark, a ruthless killer is certain that every loose end has been cut, every enemy silenced excpet one...

BE AFRAID...It's been sixteen years since Claire St. John fled in terror from her family's home on Lake Arrowhead. Sixteen years since her fiance's tragic death and the shocking secret she promised never to reveal to anyone. But that was before journalist Kane Moran began probing the mystery of that horrible night, turning a light on the darkest corners of Claire's life, exposing her once again to a cold-blooded murderer's vicious fury...

BE VERY AFRAID...Now, as Claire returns home to face a past she's tried to forget, another body is unearthed, revealing the twisted nature of a killer who is ready at last to make Claire pay the ultimate price..."

Journal Entry 2 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 17, 2005
Mailing via Canada Post as a "surprise" to my good friend ''reddragonlady''.

Enjoy!! :o)

Journal Entry 3 by reddragonlady from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, November 25, 2005
Received today from my good friend up in Canada. Thank you so much! This one sounds like a really good mystery.

Journal Entry 4 by reddragonlady from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Sunday, December 04, 2005
A romantic suspense novel. Lots of hot and heavy sex, and plenty of people running around with reason to kill. Lifestyles of the Rich and Oversexed with pretty much everyone cheating on someone else...and two people dead and one disappears. So who killed who? Three seperate murders...or were there only two murders? Is the killer one or more? Lots of twists and turns that kept me wondering. I do have a few issues about the night of Harley's death...what supposedly happened...but other than that, I generally enjoyed the book.
Spoilers
I just have a hard time believing that Weston tries raping Miranda...she gets away. Tessa, after not too long before was threatened at knifepoint by Weston and nearly raped gets back together with him that night. Miranda, after escaping one rape by Weston that day, now gets raped. Seems to me that Weston was one awfully busy guy that night...especially considering after all that, he kills his brother.

Journal Entry 5 by reddragonlady at I-81 southbound rest stop in Watertown, New York USA on Monday, December 12, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/12/2005 UTC) at I-81 southbound rest stop in Watertown, New York USA

About a mile south of exit 44, at the rest stop. I went there on the off chance that a book I got a release alert on about a week ago was still there. Besides, I figure traveler's could always use a book. The other book wasn't there, but now there are plenty of new ones. Released for the Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover Challenge Week # 52- red Yeah, I know it's not "red" cover, but everything else is black and white, so the red is what sticks out.