Anita and Me

by Meera Syal | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by LyzzyBee of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 9/23/2005
Journal Entry 1 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, September 23, 2005
Another copy of this wonderful book all about Meena, daughter of the only Punjabi family in a Midlands village.

Picked up at the Oxfam shop in Kings Heath today to send on to my new BC friend LotusFlower77.

Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by LyzzyBee at on Saturday, September 24, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (9/24/2005 UTC) at

Posting to LotusFlower77 today as part of our grand exchange!

Journal Entry 3 by Lotusflower77 from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, November 25, 2005
I can never resist a good immigrant story! I just know that this one by Meera Syal will be right up my alley!

This book was one of 4 wonderful books LyzzyBee sent me in a trade! I read here that she picked this one up especially for me, so, many, many thanks, LyzzyBee!

Journal Entry 4 by Beloved49 from Lynbrook, New York USA on Sunday, March 19, 2006
Once again, Lotusflower. I will read and return then ASAP. You are most kind, Belover49

Journal Entry 5 by Beloved49 from Lynbrook, New York USA on Friday, April 07, 2006
Again I must thank you for sharing another of your wonderful books. I can't get enough of these kinds of books/My whole outlook on life has changed. Oh how I wish I might visit some of the places I have gone in these books.
Anita and Me was so different then all the others. Thanks so much for sharing, Beloved49

Journal Entry 6 by Lotusflower77 from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 26, 2006
Back with moi. Thanks, Beloved.

Journal Entry 7 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Sunday, June 04, 2006
The description of this book has me envisioning a 1960s version of Bend it like Beckham (without the soccer, of course). I'm intrigued...