Salamandastron (Redwall, Book 5)

by Brian Jacques | Children's Books |
Registered by DameEdna of Monroe Township, New Jersey USA on 9/22/2005
Journal Entry 1 by DameEdna from Monroe Township, New Jersey USA on Thursday, September 22, 2005
Amazon.com
As the inhabitants of Redwall relax in the haze of the long, hot summer, they are unaware that the neighboring stronghold of Salamandastron lies besieged by the evil weasel army of Ferhago the Assassin. Nor do they realize that Mara, beloved daughter of Urthsipe, Badger Lord of the Fire Mountain, is in terrible danger. But when a lightening bolt uncovers the sword of Martin the Warrior, young Samkin embarks on adventure that leads him to Mara, and their lives become inextricably entwined.
Brian Jacques once again strikes to the heart in this stunningly executed adventure, another in the best-selling Redwall series, proving, if indeed proof was needed, that he ranks high among the best children's authors in the world. His genius lies in his ability to capture character and atmosphere with a stroke of a pen, drawing the reader in until the only way to start breathing again is to finish the book. --Susan Harrison

From Publishers Weekly
"The epic struggle between good and evil rages on in this continuation of the acclaimed Redwall series," said PW in a starred review, noting that Jacques's animal characters "respond to extraordinary circumstances with compellingly human-like humility and strength." Ages 10-14.
Copyright 1994 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Released 14 yrs ago (10/11/2005 UTC) at USPS by Media Mail in -- Paperbackswap.com, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Journal Entry 3 by beautyredefined from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Monday, January 02, 2006
I read this book back in October 2005, and here's what I wrote about it on my webpage:

"Time for more adventures of the small creature variety. Another good book in the Redwall series, and it was nice to be set primarily away from Redwall. With the primary conflict located at Salamandastron instead of the Abbey, it put a different twist on the story. In addition, I've always enjoyed reading about the mysterious Badger Lords and their amusing hare fighters. Perhaps its my Wisconsin education showing through, but the Badgers are really quite intriguing. I also enjoy reading about new geography, although I fear that the spread in geography might might the lengths of journeys in different books slighting inconsistent. Not that it matters all that much. Each book can stand on its own, but I really enjoy the overarching history of this world and its inhabitants. As I keep reading, each book provides a bit more of that history, and it entices me to continue reading."

This is also up for grabs at paperbackswap.com, but for now, it's available!

Journal Entry 4 by beautyredefined from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Thursday, January 19, 2006
This was sent off through paperbackswap.com to a new owner. Enjoy!