Slightly Single (Red Dress Ink)

by Wendy Markham | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by CdnBlueRose of Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on 9/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by CdnBlueRose from Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on Monday, September 19, 2005
From Booklist
Tracey Spadolini has always been insecure. She's somewhat overweight, unhappy in her job, and dating Will, a handsome but commitment-phobic actor. Will is spending the summer in upstate New York, leaving a morose Tracey behind in Manhattan, so she decides to use the time to turn herself into the woman she has always wanted to be. She goes on a diet and starts to read classics. She also meets Buckley, a good-looking, sweet guy who pursues a friendship with her even after he mistakes their first trip to the movies together as a date. Tracey can't help but compare him to Will, and Buckley comes out ahead every time. Will hardly ever calls and seems hesitant when she tells him she wants to come to visit him, but Tracey is sure that he'll be won over by her new look. It takes Tracey a maddeningly long time to come to her senses, but it's an undeniably fun journey for the reader.

TBR, reserved for AM10000

Journal Entry 2 by CdnBlueRose from Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, February 23, 2006
I have decided to send this out to AM10000 as a RABCK, unread. Some months back I got turned off chick lit and I just don't see returning to it - I've had enough and I've returned to my usual genres - I don't see going back to reading chick lit, so I'm letting it go. So.... ENJOY AM10000!!!

Journal Entry 3 by AM10000 from Sunnyvale, California USA on Wednesday, March 1, 2006
Thank you so much for sending this one along to me! :)

eta: I thought this one was pretty good..maybe a bit too much waffling of the character though!! :)

Released 16 yrs ago (5/23/2006 UTC) at A Bookcrosser in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sent today to Shaunesay from a swap.. :)

Journal Entry 5 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Tuesday, June 6, 2006
Received! Thanks so much! :)

Journal Entry 6 by shaunesay at Olathe, Kansas USA on Saturday, November 20, 2010
Poor Tracey, she has such a hard time! Will is such a jerk, ugh!

Next stop is Boomda, who won this and Slightly Settled in a Chicklit Swap. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by boomda181 at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 3, 2011
Can't wait to read this! Thanks, shaunesay.