The Colour of Heaven

by James Runcie | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0007119860 Global Overview for this book
Registered by biba89 of Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on 9/18/2005
Journal Entry 1 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, September 18, 2005
I picked this up in the thrift store. Hardcover with separate jacket. I was drawn to it by the beautifully coloured jacket, yes! I did judge it by the cover, very much so.

Journal Entry 2 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, September 19, 2005
I guess the setting of 12th century Venice and the crafts of paint-making are historically accurate, but that is all the merit I can think of in this book, apart from the beautiful cover. The story itself I found rather dull.

Journal Entry 3 by biba89 at Diekshoes kampeerboerderij in Winterswijk, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, January 05, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (1/6/2006 UTC) at Diekshoes kampeerboerderij in Winterswijk, Gelderland Netherlands

The location is a farm where the weary traveller can spend some time. We rented a cottage there for the weekend. Surely there must be a bookshelf.

Journal Entry 4 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, January 08, 2006
On second thoughts, I decided to find a new spot to release the book in the wild.

Journal Entry 5 by biba89 at Café de Zwaan in Bredevoort, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, January 08, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (1/7/2006 UTC) at Café de Zwaan in Bredevoort, Gelderland Netherlands

I left the book on a table next to the newspapers. I did see somebody pick it up already!