Shooting Sean

by Colin Bateman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by gorag of Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 9/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by gorag from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, September 17, 2005
Yet another unread book from the depths of my cellar.

Journal Entry 2 by gorag at Schlesinger (OBCZ) in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, September 17, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (9/19/2005 UTC) at Schlesinger (OBCZ) in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Im OBZ-Regal.

Journal Entry 3 by Dani75 from Rudersberg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, January 13, 2006
Found this one at the BCZ-Stuttgart. Seems like fun to read.

Journal Entry 4 by Dani75 from Rudersberg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, August 07, 2006
Quite funny and just a little bit weird.

Journal Entry 5 by wingworkingmumwing from Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Belfast journalist Dan Starkey returns for his fourth outing in Colin Bateman's 'Shooting Sean', a funny and highly entertaining tale of narcotics, terrorism and moviemaking.
The problems start when Dan arrives on set of Sean's film about a notorious terrorist. As usual things are not what they seem and Dan is caught up in all sorts of double dealing and back stabbing.
Engaging, funny and eminently readable.
If you are a first time Bateman reader you would be better off starting with Divorcing Jack, his debut novel, which is a classic.

Journal Entry 6 by wingworkingmumwing from Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Reist nun in Biochemikerins "Bookbox- Alles mögliche II" weiter...

Journal Entry 7 by Biochemikerin from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, March 02, 2007
Took out of my box, will go on Mount TBR an read soon- I hope. :)

Journal Entry 8 by Biochemikerin from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Not that "soon", but after nearly two years on Mount TBR I've read the book, because of the "Bergabbauchallenge".

I found the book really sad, especially in the end. There were some funny moments, too, but in main I found it really sad and shocking.
I think my english isn't that good and perhaps I've another sense of humor, so that I don't get all funny things.

Journal Entry 9 by Biochemikerin from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Saturday, December 26, 2009
The book is now travelling to Sate981.

Journal Entry 10 by wingSate981wing from Minden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, December 31, 2009
This book is arrived.Thank you very much!I read it and than it is reserved for Bookcrossing Convention 2010 Amsterdam.

Journal Entry 11 by wingSate981wing at OBCZ Griffioen in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, April 12, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (4/16/2010 UTC) at OBCZ Griffioen in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Lieber Finder viel Spaß mit dem Buch und laß doch mal etwas davon hören mittels eines Journaleintrages.Auf www.bookcrossers.de oder der Seite www.bookcrossing.com kannst Du schreiben was mit dem Buch geworden ist und wie es dir gefallen hat!Wenn dir diese Idee hier gefällt dann herzlich willkommen bei Bookcrossing.Einfach auf der Englischen Seite anmelden.Die deutsche Seite ist dabei sehr hilfreich.Die Anmeldung ist gratis und die Seiten Spamfrei!

Journal Entry 12 by d-vineland from Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Oh! I brought "Divorcing Jack" to the Amsterdam Convention, so I thought it quite fitting to take this one home instead.

This was a good one! Suspence till the end!

The "hero" was a bit (much) annoying at the beginning, because of his not-so-witty-sense-of-humor. But it either got less (humor, not annoyingly) or I got used to it.

Journal Entry 13 by d-vineland at Besitos in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, May 24, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (5/25/2010 UTC) at Besitos in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Miiimiiimiiieeetab!

Journal Entry 14 by Wibke at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, May 29, 2010
Still can't make head nor tail of d-vineland's "Miiimiiimiiieeetab", but I picked this book up at the Mainz-Meetup and am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 15 by Wibke at Ravensburg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, April 14, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (4/9/2011 UTC) at Ravensburg, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Hm. The book had its moments, but actually, no more. It was better written than some other thrillers, but its twists and turns not entirely convincing (some of them not even remotely convincing). Nice holiday read, but nothing I'd need to read again.

Left it on the table of our shared flat when I moved out; I'm curious what my roomies are going to do with it!

Journal Entry 16 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Ravensburg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, July 30, 2011
it's not a bad read, quite funny - can recommend for an easy read. Will try to get it travelling properly ...

Journal Entry 17 by gstorm at Barcelona - Gràcia, Barcelona Spain on Friday, September 09, 2011
good easy read- funny and simple.

Journal Entry 18 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Sunday, October 23, 2011
Just received, still have to read.