A Is for Alibi

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 033031582x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingrahar109wing of Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on 9/15/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, September 15, 2005
kindly sent to me by patchworkperson as my prize for wiining the bcuk sweepstakes.

from amazon:
'My name is Kinsey Millhone. I'm a private investigator, licensed by the state of California. I'm thirty-two years old, twice divorced, no kids. The day before yesterday I killed someone and the fact weighs heavily on my mind...' When Laurence Fife was murdered, few cared. A slick divorce attorney with a reputation for ruthlessness, Fife was also rumoured to be a slippery ladies' man. Plenty of people in the picturesque Southern California town of Santa Teresa had reason to want him dead. Including, thought the cops, his young and beautiful wife, Nikki. With motive, access and opportunity, Nikki was their number one suspect. The Jury thought so too. Eight years later and out on parole, Nikki Fife hires Kinsey Millhone to find out who really killed her husband. But the trail has gone cold and there is a chilling twist even Kinsey didn't expect...

Journal Entry 2 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, November 13, 2005
this book is going out on a mini-ray to:

purplerosebud
calalilly
celticstar
cayenne-uk

enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Arrived in the post today many thanks rahar109. I've been wanting to read the Sue Grafton alphabet series for ages and what better way to start than with A. Thanks for offering it.

Journal Entry 4 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 25, 2005
I really want to get started on this so that I can move on to other letters but I have passed it on to calalilly at a mini meet-up so that she can read it first while I finish my bookring book.

Journal Entry 5 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 11, 2005
Sorry for the delay with this entry. This was my 1st Sue Grafton book. I really enjoyed it. I found it a light detective novel and so it was very easy to read. Looking forward to reading more of hers. I passed it back to purplerosebud to read.

Journal Entry 6 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 11, 2005
Thanks calalilly. This was also my first Sue Grafton book. Not the sort of story I usually read but I did enjoy it. It was easy to read and kept my interest all the way through. I am hoping to read more of her alphabet series.

I will be sending it on to celticstar tomorrow.

Journal Entry 7 by celticstar from Denbighshire, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, December 15, 2005
Received this morning, many thanks.

My hubby has read some of the series but not in order so can't remember which ones he's read so I'll let him have a look to see if he wants to read it first.

Journal Entry 8 by OddballDave from Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 21, 2005
I have read several of the series already. This book opens with a new character, Kinsey Millhone, she has a history which is referred back to but as the series progresses then we (the reader) have a history with Kinsey. So when the author recalls an event then we can go "Oh yes, I remember"

If you like this then try the "Stephanie Plum" series by Janet Evanovich.

Recommended,
now back to the star

Journal Entry 9 by celticstar from Denbighshire, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, January 27, 2006
Finished reading today, excellent book I'm looking forward to reading the rest now.

Journal Entry 10 by Cayenne-UK from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 02, 2006
It was a nice surprise to receive this in the post today, as I had forgotten that I joined the ray for it. Thanks Celticstar!

Fortunately I am at the end of a ray as I have two other rings waiting for me to read, but I'll get to this asap.

----------------------------------
Aug 2006
This book is about carry on its journey. It will be travelling to the following BCers as a bookray.

bean-frog (UK - UK mail only)
bigcurlyloz (UK - UK mail only)
flanners (UK)
Bookworm-lady (Spain - EU)
4orty7even (UK - Prefers UK) <- The book is here!
Meeko14 (Portugal - Anywhere but prefers EU)
sejent (USA - USA)
Aramena (USA - anywhere)

Journal Entry 11 by bean-frog from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 30, 2006
This arrived the other day, sorry for the delay in journalling!

Journal Entry 12 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 07, 2006
This arrived today - thank you! I've got one book to finish and then this is next!

Journal Entry 13 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 18, 2006
Light and easy to read - I really enjoyed this. I look forward to the rest of the alphabet!

Will post on to flanners in the next couple of days.

Journal Entry 14 by flanners from Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 24, 2006
Arrived safely, thanks - looking forward to it!

Journal Entry 15 by flanners from Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 03, 2006
This was an entertaining, easy read. Off to its next port of call as soon as I can get to the Post Office - should be at the end of this week.

Journal Entry 16 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, October 14, 2006
I received it yesterday; thank you, Flanners, and thank you for the beautiful phrase you copied in a bookmark.
I have always wanted to read these novels: the A seems to be the right place to start...

Journal Entry 17 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, March 15, 2007
My first contact with Ms Grafton's series was many years ago, in a Book Fair in Buenos Aires. My main concern, as a translator, was how they managed to translate the titles and still make sense...
However, other books must have caught my fancy, because I didn't buy any of the series...
So this was my first, and I thoroughly enjoyed. Its main character is very credible, someone who could be your friend. I like the female point of view.
And the story, with its final twist, is very appealing...
Well written, thrilling... What else can you expect?
Thanks for sharing!
Sent yesterday to 4orty7even...

Journal Entry 18 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, March 16, 2007
Sent yesterday to 4orty7even, in U.K.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 19 by 4orty7even from Kingston upon Thames, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Arrived safely.

Sorry for the delay in journaling but I've been distracted from BC'ing lately with a new job.