No Greater Love

Registered by EvaLowrain of Louisville, Kentucky USA on 9/14/2005
Journal Entry 1 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Mother Teresa is a spiritual inspiration that transcends denominations or religions, though she was obviously a devout Catholic. Reading about her work is humbling, reading about her love is inspiring and reading about her faith is thought provoking and motivating. This book includes short essays by Mother Teresa on both the spiritual and tangible aspects of life, including children and family - her thoughts on how people treat dogs as children was particularly an eye opener for me, since I did treat my dogs as my children and now do have a child - work and service, giving, love, Jesus and prayer.

Journal Entry 2 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, September 15, 2005
Now a bookring:
1. SillySilhouette Ohio
2. glade1 North Carolina
3. morsecode New York
4. PRCS, Ontario, Canada, ship anywhere
5. QueenSissi , Portugal

Here are the rules:
1. Journal when you receive the book
2. While you're at Bookcrossing and at this journal entry, please go ahead and PM the next person so you'll have the address when you're ready to send it on. Be sure to ask if they're still interested.
3. Read the book within 30 days.
4. Journal your thoughts and perhaps any changes you plan to make.
5. If you haven't heard back from the next reader, please go ahead and PM the next person and then just drop me a PM to let me know you're skipping the next person.
6. Give everyone a week to respond to PMs. Then feel free to skip on so we can keep this movin. Anyone who gets skipped can PM me to add them to the list elsewhere.
7. Journal or change the status to traveling AFTER you mail the book so I'll know.

Journal Entry 3 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, October 27, 2005
Mailed today!

Journal Entry 4 by SillySilhouette from Akron, Ohio USA on Saturday, October 29, 2005

Received today. Thank you!

I am hoping to learn about Mother Teresa. I would like to have some insights into how she kept her relationship with God throughout her entire lifetime.

Journal Entry 5 by SillySilhouette from Akron, Ohio USA on Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Wow! I started out looking for information about Mother Teresa and I found an extraordinary woman. Her love for God exuded throughout the whole book. -What a humble servant she was!

There is so much to learn from reading this. I almost want to buy my own copy so that I can "apply a highlighter" to the parts that I need to be reminded of.

At times, I felt overwhelmed by the impossibility of leading a life that would resemble hers. However, all Christians ought to pursue what she did: prayer, worship, service, humility, personal sacrifice and love.

The sentence that struck me the most was: "Poverty is freedom." How true! The less we have, the less we have to worry about!

Mailed to glade1 on 11/9/05.

Journal Entry 6 by glade1 from McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Monday, November 14, 2005
Received in the mail today. More later...

Journal Entry 7 by glade1 from McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Sunday, November 27, 2005
I really wanted to be able to say this is the best book I have read since the Bible, but unfortunately I was disappointed with it. I definitely could feel Mother Teresa's devotion to God and to her mission, but overall I felt the book itself rambled and lacked coherence. It felt like I was reading the same thing over and over, just phrased a little differently. The whole thing could have been summed up in an essay rather than a book.

I too felt rather overwhelmed by Mother Teresa's devoutness and piety. I can never hope to be that committed to my faith, even though I know that's what I should strive for as a Christian. I'm just far too selfish and self-centered.

Mother Teresa set a wonderful example for the way a Christian should live and treat others. Her life is amazing and admirable. I just didn't think the book itself was that fantastic. I think perhaps a good biographer could distill her writings and cover her life and works in a much more interesting and coherent fashion.

Thanks a bunch for sharing this one EvaLowrain! I'm glad I read it and I did learn some things from it.

I already have morsecode's address and will mail this out early in the week.

Journal Entry 8 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Saturday, December 03, 2005
This book arrived today. I've been looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 9 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Saturday, December 10, 2005
I don't know what I was expecting with this book, but I have to say that it wasn't what I expected.
The book contains lots of "words of wisdom", but it seemed very fragmented (and full of redundancies) to me.
At the end of the book there is a little biographical timeline, which I found very intersting.
I still think Mother Teresa is a wonderful example for us all, but this book really didn't do much for me. However, it did renew my desire to read St. Therese's Story of a Soul (one of my unregistered PC books).

I sent the book out to PRCS this morning.

Journal Entry 10 by PRCS on Friday, December 16, 2005
got this book yesterday from mosecode, will start reading it soon.

Journal Entry 11 by PRCS on Thursday, December 22, 2005
very short read, did not really enjoy this book
will be sending onto queensissy in portugal soon
merry xmas and happy reading everyone !!

Journal Entry 12 by QueenSissi from Queluz, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Friday, February 10, 2006
It is now in Portugal... Thanks PRCS and EvaLowrain

Journal Entry 13 by QueenSissi from Queluz, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, March 09, 2006
I really felt this book is inspirational. I had some projects concerning my family that i have been postponing for some time, and after reading this book I found the strength to go forward...

Thanks and sendint it home as soon as i get EvaLowrain's address.

Journal Entry 14 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Forgot to catch this when it arrived back in the mail many, many months ago.

I've passed this on to a friend. Hopefully, she'll get introduced to BC this way and will pass it on.