The Magician's Nephew

by C.S. Lewis | Children's Books |
Registered by DEESSE of Erstein, Alsace France on 9/14/2005
Journal Entry 1 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Through a bookcrossing game I was sent the second novel in this series ("The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"), but as I wanted to read them in the correct order (though obviously the first part of the "Chronicles of Narnia" was written after the second!) I bought this book.
It has got lovely illustrations and looks like fun. It says in the back that Tolkien was C.S. Lewis's good friend, so that's already promising!

From the back cover:

Narnia: The adventure begins

Narnia... where Talking Beasts walk... where a witch waits... where a new world is about to be born.
On a daring quest to save a life, two friends are hurled into another world, where an evil sorceress seeks to enslave them. But then the lion Aslan's song weaves itself into the fabric of a new land, a land that will be known as Narnia. And in Narnia, all things are possible...

Journal Entry 2 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, November 28, 2005
As I wanted to read the story from the beginning I bought this book after I was given the second (more famous?) volume.
I'm happy that I did so, because now I know how Narnia came into existence and I enjoyed reading it a lot - after having read it everyone will know why the wardrobe of book 2 is a magic one!

I'll lend this to a colleague first.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, April 27, 2006
"The Magicician's Nephew" is a nice fantasy story you can read easily. Many details make you feel amused, astonished or even excited. It's a book in which fantasy doesn't follow any rules. I'm already curious about how the story of "Narnia" will go on.

CAUGHT IN OBERKIRCH BADEN-WÜRTTEMBERG GERMANY

Journal Entry 4 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Wednesday, May 24, 2006
It's back with me and available!

Journal Entry 5 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Saturday, April 11, 2009
This book will finally travel on with my Fantasy-bookbox ("DEESSEs Fantasy-Bookbox", my 500th registered "book"!)