The Hundred Secret Senses

by Amy Tan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingpiggydivawing of Louisville, Kentucky USA on 9/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingpiggydivawing from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, September 08, 2005
Another wonderful novel by Amy Tan where an Asian-American girl grows up with her adult half sister from China. Olivia learns about Chinese myths, but disregards them until she becomes an adult and finds herself visiting China where she learns about herself and her background. A great coming-of-age for the adult, divorced woman!

This book is travelling to Scotland as part of a trade with Invers!

Journal Entry 2 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 17, 2005
What a lovely surprise. Postie arrived at lunchtime with a parcel. Lovely book inside. Lovely condition, it travelled well from the USA. Thank you very much. I look forward to reading it. Sounds like a good read.

Journal Entry 3 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Well I finished the book eventually. Seems to have taken me forever to read it. It was an interesting story. I found it a bit confusing in parts when Kwan was talking 'ghosts' and 'past lives' etc. But there was something gentle about it all. It was lovely written and quite a nice introduction to an author I knew nothing about or had read before. Thank you for giving me the chance to read it Terry.

Journal Entry 4 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Decided this needed someone else to enjoy this book. Have snuck it in to my sister's bag when she was here visiting. Hoping she enjoys it.

Journal Entry 5 by BonnethillBunny from Pitlochry, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, May 02, 2010
Found in my bag ages ago, then lost in the pile to be read for months!