Diary : A Novel

by Chuck Palahniuk | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Breeze144 of Ajax, Ontario Canada on 9/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Breeze144 from Ajax, Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 08, 2005
This book is so incredibly creepy - it still freaks me out!

Its a very twisted story about fate and prophecies and the ending is a total shocker!

Reserved until my boyfriend enjoys it, and then it will be available.

Journal Entry 2 by MD-MC from Pickering, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 09, 2006
Got this from my girlfriend, and will read on my cruise.

Journal Entry 3 by Breeze144 at Bookcrossing Convention 2006 in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 23, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (4/23/2006 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2006 in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Released via live swap at the Relayer's dinner last night. There was a little bit of fighting over this book and a lot of fighting over another Palahniuk!
Alos, my boyfriend tried to read it but couldn't get into it! Imagine?

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 23, 2006
received at the live swap. By far the best kind of swap is a live one!!!

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 15, 2009
Reading now!!

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 20, 2009
I expect nothing less than a novel completely off the wall from Palahniuk and this one gave me exactly that! Misty Wilmot is an artist who lost her inspiration after she had a child and got married. As a kid, she would paint pictures of houses of an imaginary place where she wished she could live. After entering art school she meets Peter, an odd character that captures Misty's attention with old costume jewelery.

Years later, Misty finds herself living on an island that resembles her childhood dreams with a husband in a coma after trying to kill himself, a pre-teen daughter, a meddling mother-in-law, and a potential lawsuit on her hands. Before Peter tried to kill himself, he wrote nasty messages about the island and his family in the walls of homes he remodeled. The continuous pressure to find inspiration has Misty confused about what all these messages mean and what the island is doing to her.

Writing the synopsis sounds like it should be an episode from Lost. Although, with a Palahniuk book this isn't too far from the truth. This story is twisted and messed up in every sense, but that's exactly what keeps you reading. You can't help but wonder what crazy plot twist will get thrown at you next and you certainly aren't disapointed once you put the book down. I passed an hour waiting to get in to see my doctor and get my prescription filled reading the end of this book without realizing I had been waiting for so long!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 23, 2009
This book is with me now :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 05, 2009
This book is extremely twisted and creepy. The reader would expect nothing less of a Palahniuk book.

Misty Wilmot was once a talented artist who painted pictures of imaginary houses. She married to her college sweetheart who caught her attention with the antique costume jewelry he once wore. She married and settled down on an island, had a and lost interest in her art.

Her husband , a contractor, is in a coma after a suicide attempt. His clients are threatening lawsuits because he walled up rooms with wild and vile messages written all over their walls. Misty now works as a waitress at the hotel, hoping to make a life for her and her child while coming to terms with her husband's bizarre writings.

All of a sudden her creativity returns and she starts to paint once again. Little does she know this is all a conspiracy and she is only a pawn in a much bigger picture.

I had a little trouble st first getting 'into' the story but WOW once I did I could not put the book down

Journal Entry 9 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, May 16, 2009
Took this to the Toronto meetup today, where I believe it was taken!