The Ice Queen

by Alice Hoffman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Oldbroad of Grapeview, Washington USA on 9/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Oldbroad from Grapeview, Washington USA on Thursday, September 8, 2005
"...a miraculous, enthrallig tale of a woman who is struck by lightning and finds her frozen heart suddenly burning".

Journal Entry 2 by Oldbroad from Grapeview, Washington USA on Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Postal release to mcbeth in Florida, to fulfill a wish.

Journal Entry 3 by mcbeth from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, June 3, 2006
This wonderful gift arrived out of the blue in today's mail, a surprise rabck/wish fulfilled from generous bookcrossing angel, Oldbroad. Thank you so very much!!! I will journal again once I have finished reading it and before releasing again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Journal Entry 4 by mcbeth from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 7, 2006
This was such an unusual story and I was really moved by reading it. The main character has felt responsible for her mother's untimely death all of her life and then later feels responsible for a transformational event in her own life. Her relationship with her brother is the most interesting development in the book in my mind, tied up with her own childhood memories and the fairy tales he read to her when she was young. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and will save it for a good friend who I think will enjoy it and will release it again after she has returned it to me. Thank you many times over for sharing this book with me, Oldbroad!