This Calder Sky (This Calder Sky)

by Janet Dailey | Romance |
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 9/5/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 05, 2005
From the Publisher

The great Calder empire stretched across the Montana plains as far as the eye could see. Everyone knew a Calder''s word was law and that one day Chase Calder would carry the family name to new glories. But for handsome, arrogant Chase Calder there was also beautiful Maggie O''Rourke, who came to him in innocence and stirred in him a deep, insistent longing. But Maggie was determined to be free from the harsh codes of hard men. And even Chase Calder''s strong arms couldn''t keep her. Still, in them both burned the raw passion of the land...where even the greatest love must fight to live beneath This Calder Sky

receievd via titletrader

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 18, 2008
This book is #3 in the Calder series. Chase Calder is the latest in the dynasty of Calders. He has grown up knowing he will inherit the ranch and the acres and acres of land. Maggie O'Rourke is a neighbour. She lives on a small ranch and her father and brother are extremely envious of the Calders. Chase takes Maggie's virginity and innocence. Maggie's father loses it and starts rustling Calder cattle. What results is an action that may never be forgiven. Maggie also doesn't want just the ranch life, she wants to make something of herself.

I found Chase to be extremely arrogant, almost to the point of wishing the bad guys would win out. I was very sympathetic to the criminals which I don't think was the desired result of the book. The romance part of the story was a little slow at times but still kept me interested enough to finish the book

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 15, 2008
Taking to the Oakville Meet-Up today

Journal Entry 4 by aliaskris29 at Downtown in Muskoka, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 31, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/1/2008 UTC) at Downtown in Muskoka, Ontario Canada

This book will be released sometime during the August 1 - 4 weekend. I will release it somewhere during our cottage vacation near Bala, Ontario and surrounding towns.

Journal Entry 5 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Picked up at the BookCrossing meet-up in Barrie, at Tim Horton's (Essa Rd/Bryne Dr). Thanks for passing this on, aliaskris29.

Journal Entry 6 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Took this book back to the BookCrossing meet-up in Barrie, at Tim Horton's (Essa Rd/Bryne Dr) tonight to pass on to another BookCrosser.

Journal Entry 7 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 21, 2009
Picked up at last month's meeting. This is part of a set of four books so I plan on releasing them all together somewhere!!

Journal Entry 8 by maggiemuffet from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 15, 2010
picked up at last bookcrossing meet-up.

Journal Entry 9 by maggiemuffet at Price Chopper in Barrie, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 10, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/10/2010 UTC) at Price Chopper in Barrie, Ontario Canada

Will leave at pay phone after work, today, releasing for series Challenge.
Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory. If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by Maggiemuffet. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.
Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it.
In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on it's journey.