Queen of the Road

by Lois Phoenix | Women's Fiction |
Registered by VauxhallCrosser of Redbridge, Greater London United Kingdom on 9/3/2005
Journal Entry 1 by VauxhallCrosser from Redbridge, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 03, 2005
Not my favourite Black Lace author or book, but not a bad little story. Biker imagery is crude but interesting. On the whole, ok if you like this sort of thing.

Journal Entry 2 by VauxhallCrosser from Redbridge, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Sending to someone on a book swap. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, February 23, 2006
Yeek, goodness me took a sneaky peak before making a journal entry, eyebrows shooting around all over the place. This looks in some ways more adventuresome than the rest of my reading. But meantime onto the TBR pile till I tackle some other bookcrossing obligations. Thanks VauxhallCrosser! Still by the way awaiting your address so I can send Sundiver to you.

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, January 13, 2007
What a fun surprise! Not sure I'm much of a biker chick myself, but I am decidedly a black lace fan, so thanks so much for this brilliant RABCK. Thank you so much, this will be light relief to accompany the other book you've sent which is much more serious stuff (but also made my day). Wishing you a magnificent 2007, both light and serious, but with good health and much, much joy.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, March 17, 2008
Initially I had major problems getting into this one, but eventually it seemed to come up to speed - it was a fun read in the end. It's now about to go off in the Black Lace book box.

Released 11 yrs ago (3/17/2008 UTC) at Bookbox sent by post (Hasliberg) in -- controlled release --, Bern / Berne Switzerland

On its way to Germany in the Black Lace Book box...

Journal Entry 7 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Out of the "Black-Lace BookBox".

Journal Entry 8 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, May 19, 2008
A nice and intriguing one, not so "one-sided", a bit more "multilayered". Interesting insights in Californian ways of life off the mainstream. But at times the reader has to think that the plot is only a meagre sideline to maximise the fucking...
Edit May 20, 2009: This book is now part of the "BM8 erotic book spiral".

Journal Entry 9 by book-man-8 at on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/20/2009 UTC) at

This book is now off to Athens. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, June 01, 2009
The book has arrived in Athens. From what's written here already the book sounds intriguing...

Link to the spiral's journal.

Journal Entry 11 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, June 08, 2009
Some interesting scenes in this story. The protagonist -your stereotypical postfeminist female private detective- can't make up her mind whether she prefers seducing cops ("She did so enjoy making big boys cry") or challenging jaded biker gangbangers at their game.
Given the theme of power games, it turns out there's little psychological tension in the narrative. There were times when I felt the plot wandering off - e.g. with the tour of the bar/nightclub scenes in LA & SF which didn't really add anything to the main story besides providing a glimpse into the varieties of human sexual expression.
Things pick up when Toni hitches a ride with the trucker, meets the two highway patrolmen, and is accosted by the seedy barman; those scenes are closer to the story's theme, as she nears her quest to enter the bikers' secretive domain.
But once in their circle, I didn't feel that there was enough drama; there were no real sparks, and the conflict within Toni (should she/shouldn't she) fizzles out.
Seems like it's the Smallville waitress who gets more "fun" out of the bikers than Toni!

Journal Entry 12 by voveryte from Woolwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Received today!

Journal Entry 13 by Kera from Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, August 24, 2009
sending on in the post today

Journal Entry 14 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 09, 2009
Received today - thank you

Journal Entry 15 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Of all the books that have been on the spiral so far, I think this is the one with the best storyline - at least it had one!! Although still a little farfetched, I enjoyed it and found that the sex scenes actually fitte dinto it rather than being jammed in any old way (no pun intended!). Thanks for including this one - I will post it on today.

Released 10 yrs ago (1/5/2010 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

continuing it's spiral journey

Journal Entry 17 by wingBjorgwing from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Friday, January 15, 2010
Just arrived, when reading the bookcover it seems very promising. Will try to read this one soon:)

Journal Entry 18 by wingBjorgwing from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Sunday, January 24, 2010
Not bad at all;) Think this one was pretty good except towards the end, then I started to skip a few pages.

Journal Entry 19 by wingBjorgwing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, January 24, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2010 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

The spiral moves next to JennyC1230, enjoy:)

Journal Entry 20 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 01, 2010
The book is here! I have a few of the books from this spiral, I need to read and get them moving to awakeagain. I am going to check to see if I have forgotten to journal them all when they arrived. Hmmmm....

Journal Entry 21 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I kind of liked this book, it had more of a storyline than some of the others.

Planning to mail to awakeagain today. Delivery Confirmation #03091140000224967570

Journal Entry 22 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Friday, April 23, 2010
Received this book yesterday and PMing next in line.

Journal Entry 23 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Mailed to dastephan 5/3/10

Journal Entry 24 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Friday, May 07, 2010
will read asap