Hot Blooded

Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 8/31/2005
Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Received through PaperBackSwap.com.

"Dark Hunger" by Christine Feehan
In a dark jungle, a beautiful activist liberates animals from a secret laboratory--and stumbles across an unexpected prisoner. She releases the Carpathian from his bonds--only to unleash his voracious appetite on herself...

"Awaiting Moonrise" by Maggie Shayne
A science professor enters the steamy bayou to find a new species of animal, convinced that its presence is behind the stories of lycanthropy in the region, but finds herself tempted by a legendary creature straight out of her most sensual nightmare...

"The Night Owl" by Emma Holly
Little ever seems to stir in the sleepy woods of a small Vermont town, until a new owner takes over the exclusive local inn. He is centuries old and has traveled far and wide to find his queen--and now nothing will stop him from claiming her...

"Seduction's Gift" by Angela Knight
This story is the prequel to Knight's Mageverse series.
All's fair in the war between desire and resistance when a lady cop pulls over a speeder--and finds an immortal lover who is determined to seduce her into accepting her own passionate destiny...

When the sun goes down, each woman will discover the man she desires—within the beast that drives her wild...

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, August 05, 2006
For an anthology, all of these stories were surpisingly good and well-written.

"Dark Hunger" by Christine Feehan
This story takes place within Christine Feehan's Dark series and tells the story of Riordan de la Cruz and his lifemate Juliette. But Juliette has a secret identity of her own, as well as her own agenda protecting her sister and cousin. Definitely a romance but enough other action going on to hold my interest throughout.

"Awaiting Moonrise" by Maggie Shayne
Jenny Rose is a university professor who travels to the bayou of Louisiana to research tales of a possible unknown, and as yet undiscovered, species of mammal. But she meets up with the town's sexy (and single) doctor, whose interest in her is more than just academic. I enjoyed this one even more than the Feehan story.

"The Night Owl" by Emma Holly
This story takes place within Emma Holly's Midnight series (Catching Midnight, Hunting Midnight, Courting Midnight) and if you like to read series in order, is best read after Hunting Midnight since it tells the continuing tale of Bastien and Emile who first appear in that book. It was a good story, though I probably didn't like it quite as much as Shayne's contribution.

"Seduction's Gift" by Angela Knight
Grace Morgan is a Latent, she has the Gift of the Mageverse but would rather live in the real world serving and protecting fellow humankind in the role of a deputy police officer. But her grandmother, Morgana le Fay, sends Lord Lancelot du Luc to seduce her and bring her over, activating her Gift with the act of lovemaking, at least 3 times.

This is the second short story I've read by Angela Knight that takes place in the Mageverse series, the first one being "Galahad" which appeared in the Bite anthology, though that one actually takes place later in the series. I didn't really care for "Galahad" all that much as I couldn't get into the whole Knights of the Round Table as Vampires thing... but for some reason, I liked this one a little better. Perhaps because it's actually the first story in the tale. But because so many others thought it was great, I didn't want to judge the series by a short story and I've since acquired the other books of the Mageverse series. If anything, this story has forced me to move Master of the Night closer to the top of my TBR pile.

This is now reserved for noumena12 who chose it from the Paranormal Virtual Bookbox. :)

Released 12 yrs ago (8/11/2006 UTC) at Paranormal Virtual Bookbox in Bookrelay, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Sending to noumena12 who chose this from the Paranormal Virtual Bookbox. Sent on 11-Aug-2006 via Media Mail.

Journal Entry 4 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Thanks Cherie!!!

Journal Entry 5 by noumena12 at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 19, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/19/2009 UTC) at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases