Rode Hard, Put Away Wet: Lesbian Cowboy Erotica

by Sacchi Green, Rakelle Valencia | Gay & Lesbian |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/31/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 31, 2005
"How I Came Across This Book": my sister had mentioned that she'd seen an open call for submissions for this collection of "lesbian cowboy erotica", and she decided to give it a shot. The story turned out rather differently than she'd intended, and she wound up submitting it elsewhere instead - you can read it (and her comments about its development) here on the Blue Moon Review. But I went ahead and got this book even though I knew her story wasn't going to be in it, by way of connecting the dots!

***

While I prefer my erotica to contain as many men and as few women as possible {grin}, many of these stories were pretty good - and pretty steamy! Even within the boots-and-saddles theme, the settings and characters are quite varied. My favorite stories were Jake Rich's "Franky and Johnny" (in which gender is bent considerably), Jay Lake's "Dry Hearts, Dreaming" (which pulls romance out of a ranch withering in a drought, of all things), and Connie Wilkins' "Snowfound" (an Old West cross-cultural tale).

[See the publisher's site here ]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Controlled release: I'm adding this book to KateKintail's LGBT book box. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by laevina at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (9/14/2010 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

off into the wild . . . via the GBLTQ Bookbox - BCID 040-8085642

Journal Entry 4 by ealasaidmae at St. Albans, West Virginia USA on Saturday, June 25, 2011
in the bookbox - thanks, laevina!

Journal Entry 5 by ealasaidmae at bench in New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (1/26/2013 UTC) at bench in New Orleans, Louisiana USA

Bus stop bench on Carrollton by Orleans at City Park

Welcome to Bookcrossing! I've registered this book here so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. Please leave a quick journal entry so I know it's safe with you, then read and enjoy! When you're through, pass the book along to someone else who will appreciate it. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!

Thank You!