The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea

by Sebastian Junger | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 006101351x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Apolonia of Lynn, Massachusetts USA on 8/31/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Apolonia from Lynn, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Tbr

Journal Entry 2 by Apolonia from Lynn, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 15, 2005
Sending to JessicaEby as part of a relay. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 30, 2005
The book is safe in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada; thanks, Ap!

It actually arrived here a number of days ago (I think it was Dec. 23), so I'm sorry it's taken me so long to journal it! I've been quite unwell, and with it being the holidays, and me having visitors from overseas, and making/hosting my first Christmas dinner, and actually having my boyfriend in town for a few days, I'm afraid I've barely had a chance to so much as touch a computer!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading this! I've had an abundance of kids' books to read lately, and while I do love children's literature, it'll be nice to read a "grown-up book" again, so this one might be next up!

When I'm through with it, I don't know what I'll do with it. I haven't thought that far ahead yet. I'm planning a trip to the Canadian Maritimes in the summer (New Brunswick, specifically), so I might hang on to it until then and set it free somewhere out East, but that's an awfully long time from now, so I don't know. We'll have to see. First things first though, I'm off to read!

Journal Entry 4 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 25, 2006
This book had a lot of information in it about things I know nothing about, which made it quite interesting to me. I mean, really... I am a borderline aquaphobic girl from Central Canada, who has only left this region of the world (Ontario, Quebec, Michigan, and New York) to go to Alberta, which is in the prairies, and has never even seen the ocean... so the setting of the book is like another world to me! Okay, maybe not a quite another world, but it's definitely something with which I have no experience, whatsoever.

I must say that these tales of horror and tragedy did nothing good for the borderline aquaphobia, but I still want to see the ocean... just not when the waves are quite as big as they were during the Halloween Gale!

Thanks, Ap, I think this was a very scary, very sad, and fascinating read, and I'm very glad to have read it.

Journal Entry 5 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 09, 2006
It is beginning to look as though I might not make it out East this summer after all, so I'm going to take this book with me to the K-W Meet-Up tonight and see if anyone there would like to read it.

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 09, 2006
Yay! I snatched this book up quickly when I saw that Jess brought it to the Waterloo meetup. I had received a copy of it for my mass release and it sounded interesting but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to read it before I released it so I was happy to see another copy of it! This is off the coast of eastern Canada too isn't it? I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 14, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/14/2010 UTC) at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada

I've had this book for too long. It's time to release it and let someone else enjoy it. Bringing to the Oakville Bookcrossing Meetup.

Journal Entry 8 by aliaskris29 at Oakville, Ontario Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2011
Found at the second cup in Oakville. I will release soon.