Perfect Strangers

by Robyn Sisman | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Rianonne of Wien Bezirk 22 - Donaustadt, Wien Austria on 8/29/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Rianonne from Wien Bezirk 22 - Donaustadt, Wien Austria on Monday, August 29, 2005
Suze Wilding is overjoyed when she's given the chance to job swap with New York-based colleague Lloyd Rockwell. Excited by the prospect of living the American dream for a few weeks, she eagerly trades her desk, job and London flat with a colleague she's never met for the bright lights of Manhattan and a step up the career ladder at Schneider Fox, one of the world's leading ad agencies. Through necessary transatlantic phone calls regarding cat and plant care, Suze begins to build a picture of the person she's swapped lives with, and finds herself increasingly looking forward to his calls. But whilst Suze's career is going from strength to strength under the expert tutelage of Shelley, one of Schneider Fox's leading career women, Lloyd's stay in London is not going so well. When Suze uncovers a plot to oust Lloyd from his job, she finds herself pulling out all the stops to help him, despite the fact they've never met. As Suze asks herself why she's putting her neck on the line for a perfect stranger, she realises that her feelings for Lloyd are driven by more than just concern for a fellow colleague; whilst on the other side of the Atlantic Lloyd becomes ever more curious about the lively, vivacious voice on the end of the line, and realises he wants to know more about the woman who's willing to risk all to help him.

Journal Entry 2 by Rianonne at oh pot, oh pot! in Wien Bezirk 09 - Alsergrund, Wien Austria on Thursday, March 16, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (3/17/2006 UTC) at oh pot, oh pot! in Wien Bezirk 09 - Alsergrund, Wien Austria

reserved for allbookedup

Journal Entry 3 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Friday, March 17, 2006
Got the book from Rianonne at the Ladies Night, thanks a lot!!

Journal Entry 4 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Sunday, March 26, 2006
I read the book this weekend, I just felt like reading some chick lit with a happy end and this was perfect, light entertainment, finished it in 2 sessions yesterday afternoon and today afternoon :-)
I liked Suze and I couldn't stand Lloyd's fianceé Betsy, so I was pleased of course with the ending. How could Betsy take the cat to the vet and have it put down???? What a horrible person!!!!!

Journal Entry 5 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Sunday, March 26, 2006
PMed a bookcrosser in Portugal who has the book on her wishlist.

the book will be sent off to Fantasma tomorrow. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Fantasma on Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Here it is!!
Thanks so much allbookedup for taking a look at my wish list! :o)

Also thanks for the postcard, I've been to Vienna briefly in a summer vacation and I'll definitly want to come back.