A Party in San Niccolo

by Christobel Kent | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 014102559x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Herschelian of Beijing 北京市, Beijing China on 8/22/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Herschelian from Beijing 北京市, Beijing China on Monday, August 22, 2005
A murder mystery set in modern day Florence. Really enjoyable escapist reading. I want to go to Florence NOW! and why am I never invited to fabulous parties like this one?

Journal Entry 2 by Koalabare from Fetcham, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, August 29, 2005
Picked up in the Lucky Dip at the London Renegade's 2005 Treasure Hunt.

Started reading on the train home, and am absorbed by it so far. Don't remember Florence being like this when I was there, but clearly I didn't know the right people!

Thanks Herschelian!

Journal Entry 3 by Koalabare from Fetcham, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, September 02, 2005
Very good - I couldn't put it down after the first couple of chapters!

English ex-pats - mmm, nice breed (especially the lovely Jane!)

My only quibble was the lack of subtlety in the 'who dunnit' part of the book - a few more red herrings and dead ends would have been more interesting. This book has also made me want to revisit Florence - I've only briefly stayed there, and did all the tourist things - but actually didn't like it that much as a result. Seems that you have to live somewhere to truly know it.

Thanks Herschelian for bringing this to Lucky Dip and giving me the chance to read it :)

Right - I'm off to Malta on holiday tomorrow (to be a tourist again!), and I'm thinking that this would be the perfect wild release book for an unsuspecting fellow tourist or Maltese.

Journal Entry 4 by Koalabare at on Friday, September 02, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (9/4/2005 UTC) at

Well, I don't know Valletta - all I can say is that this will be left somewhere in the city.

If you find it - enjoy, and please make a journal entry so that I know that it's found a new home!