The Color Purple

by Alice Walker | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by LovntheReadn of Brooklyn, New York USA on 8/21/2005
Journal Entry 1 by LovntheReadn from Brooklyn, New York USA on Sunday, August 21, 2005
One of the best books I have ever read, everyone should read it at least once, even if you have seen the movie.

Book Description
Celie is a poor black woman whose letters tell the story of 20 years of her life, beginning at age 14 when she is being abused and raped by her father and attempting to protect her sister from the same fate, and continuing over the course of her marriage to "Mister," a brutal man who terrorizes her. Celie eventually learns that her abusive husband has been keeping her sister's letters from her and the rage she feels, combined with an example of love and independence provided by her close friend Shug, pushes her finally toward an awakening of her creative and loving self.

Journal Entry 2 by LovntheReadn at Sending to Fellow Bookcrosser in Staten Island, New York USA on Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (8/31/2005 UTC) at Sending to Fellow Bookcrosser in Staten Island, New York USA

Sending to Catch911, I hope you enjoy the books!

Journal Entry 3 by catch911 from Staten Island, New York USA on Wednesday, September 14, 2005
I have to read this for feminist theory. It was mailed to me by lovnthereadn.