The Rapture of Canaan

by Sheri Reynolds | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 039914112x Global Overview for this book
Registered by maiya of Wellman, Iowa USA on 10/13/2002
Journal Entry 1 by maiya from Wellman, Iowa USA on Sunday, October 13, 2002
Absorbing characters. I read this book many years ago and decided to reread it before setting it free. It's a hard book to put down. Started and finished it today.

Journal Entry 2 by maiya at Golden Goose on Maine Ave in Lakeside, California USA on Monday, October 14, 2002
Released on Monday, October 14, 2002 at Golden Goose on Maine Ave in Lakeside, California USA.

Inside the coffeeshop, on a table in the back corner.

10/21 -- update...on a hunch I checked the bookshelves inside the coffeeshop, and sure enough, my book ended up there, still with my note attached.

11/2 -- rescued poor book from dusty bookcase. Will re-release where it might actually be picked up and read by someone.

11/4 -- shipped to Darcy in Sweden as part of nervousness.org bookchain.

Journal Entry 3 by DarcyMcGowan from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, November 08, 2002
I have just received the book by mail in a Nervousness.org LMAO. I will start the book in the next few days and then send it off to the next in line. My two favorite websites.. bookcrossings and nervousness.org together..how fun is that?

Journal Entry 4 by LunaAlpha on Tuesday, January 14, 2003
I read it in one day while working. And I couldn't get into it. I'm not sure...perhaps something didn't click with me? I do like the idea: that embracing a normal world can be a holy act in itself, but perhaps there was a long way of getting it there. This is through a LMAO on nervousness.org, so I plan to send it to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 5 by Reebert from Sävedalen, Västergötland Sweden on Monday, January 20, 2003
I got this book through a nervousness.org book exchange lmao. I didn't like the book at all in the beginning, I thought it was a bit too boring. But I did persist and read the entire thing and although it still wasn't my style of book it did get better as it went. I sent it to the next person on the lmao list.

Journal Entry 6 by blondebubbles on Tuesday, February 18, 2003
This book really intrigued me from the start and I read thru it in 3 days. I was touched by Ninah and her thoughts.......I really felt for her, her struggles, they way she tried so hard to be "sinless". The punishments were disturbing and it was hard to think that such things went on in our modern day. This book has haunted my mind for 3 days now and I really enjoy thinking about it and the emotions it brings to mind. I am glad that I read this book.

I am passing this on to another Nervousness person in a bookring.

Journal Entry 7 by create4soul from Kincardine, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, February 25, 2003
Just received this today from the nervousness chain! Looks interesting!

Journal Entry 8 by create4soul from Kincardine, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 07, 2003
I really enjoyed this book.
I thought the characters were well developed and the underlying issues were prevalant.
It brings up valuable issues regarding religion, belief and acceptance of others.
I'd recommend this book to others!

Journal Entry 9 by Bugitha from Reno, Nevada USA on Tuesday, April 15, 2003
This book got off to rocky start but picked up and became a rather absorbing story about a young girl, the harsh conditions of life in her religious community, and the consequences she must face there for her actions. I thought Ninah's life in the outside world (at school and the outsiders she befriends there) was one of the most interesting aspects of the book. Her relationship with her Nanna was well developed but I wish other familial relationships were better explored. Overall, a good book that I would recommend to others

Journal Entry 10 by DaraMSW from Highland Park, New Jersey USA on Monday, May 19, 2003
I really did like this book. I was shocked again and again by the audacity of the grandfather and his punishments. I thought that Ninah's relationship with James could have been described better, but it touched me. I really thought the ending should have been different - she should have left with Canaan and moved in with Ajita or something! anyway, I'm passing this along the bookchain. Dara

Journal Entry 11 by no1auntie from Peoria, Illinois USA on Tuesday, May 27, 2003
received today as part of a Nervousness chain - will update entry when finished & ready to send to the next reader.

Released on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 at Mailed in In the mail to another BookCrosser, Illinois USA.

will mail today to another bc'er as part of a Nervousness chain

Journal Entry 13 by no1auntie from Peoria, Illinois USA on Tuesday, July 22, 2003
oooo doggie - this one is full of fanatical nonsense (which is, thankfully, never presented as truth). Took me about 3 days to burn through it, so not a difficult read, but seemed a little without point by the end.