The Judas Window

by Carter Dickson | Other |
Registered by cubx of Urbana, Illinois USA on 8/21/2005
Journal Entry 1 by cubx from Urbana, Illinois USA on Sunday, August 21, 2005
Registered for the Chambana Bookcrossers mass release at UoI's quad day next week. Most folks hand out flyers--we hand out books!

Journal Entry 2 by wingkayotewing at Urbana, Illinois USA on Wednesday, April 06, 2011
Heh, apparently I snitched this before it could be handed out. Then I moved, and it just reappeared.

I do really like Carter Dickson's setups (under either of his names), but HM is a much more readable sleuth than Dr. Fell. The narrator is even quite reasonable, which is always a nice thing. So many mystery narrators are nothing but annoying!

This was interesting in that nearly all of it took place in the courtroom or right around it. Just a couple scenes out and about.

Interesting read, and a good example of why this author is known for his locked-room mysteries.
----
Given to a friend who likes Rex Stout and similar. Hope she enjoys this one as well!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkayotewing at Champaign, Illinois USA on Monday, April 15, 2019
The friend was clearing out her bookshelf so I looked through and took the classic mysteries. On closer inspection I was pretty sure I'd read this, and when I spotted it was a BX book I suspected not only had I read it, I'd read THIS copy. Yep!

Setting it in the to-be-released pile.