The Wrecks of Eden

by Catherine Owen | Poetry | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0919897800 Global Overview for this book
Registered by themarina of Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada on 8/15/2005
Journal Entry 1 by themarina from Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada on Monday, August 15, 2005
Local Vancouver poet. Woohoo!

Journal Entry 2 by Strude at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Picked up at Waves last night. Haven't had a book of poetry for a while.

Released 10 yrs ago (9/29/2010 UTC) at Renaissance Books (12th St & 8th Ave) in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada

This 'slim volume' is a very British Columbian piece of work. It is like walking with the poet through a period of time so you have to start at the beginning and work your way to the end. The themes, the world of nature and man, conservation issues, etc. are common, but her writing reminds the reader of all that has gone on over a long period. The poems are easy to read and don't require a huge effort to "get", which means they were hard to write. The Biblical parallels in the last section are fascinating and I like her economy of phrase. Taking this to meetup. If no one takes it the owners will choose a place for the releases. Why not join us? It's a new location for us so who knows what will happen?

Journal Entry 4 by Strude at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (10/13/2010 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Taking this to Meetup. Why not join us for coffee and more. We'll be here till 8:30 probably. Books not taken will be left by the front door.

Journal Entry 5 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Picked up at the Lower Mainland BookCrossing Meeting. Looking forward to reading these poems.

Journal Entry 6 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Often sad, sometimes timeless, sometimes hopeful poems. "Stanley Park Zoo, Vancouver BC, circa 1977" brings back memories from my 1950s childhood, for example.

Released 10 yrs ago (4/27/2011 UTC) at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada

Releasing at the Lower Mainland BookCrossing Meetup's Seconds!