Murphy's Law

by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by MarciNYC of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on 8/13/2005
Journal Entry 1 by MarciNYC from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, August 13, 2005
Duplicate copy.

As I'm a fan of historical mysteries, especially those featuring unconvential women, I was delighted to discover the Molly Murphy mysteries thanks to a few friends!

This is the first book featuring Molly and it grabbed me from the get-go. Fleeing Ireland after murdering a man in self-defense, Molly finds herself bound for America with two small children in tow. Detained on Ellis Island because she may have witnessed a murder, Molly finally lands on Manhattan and sets out to solve the murder and clear a shipmate of any wrongdoing. It's enoyable in giving a glimpse of life in NYC at the turn of the 20th century. I look forward to reading more and following Molly Murphy on more adventures in the Big Apple.

Offered up on Magical Mystery Tour relay.
Accepted by: SpikesMom

Journal Entry 2 by WestofMars from Mars, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 25, 2005
Yup, another book for a future book box... WAY in the future, unfortunately...

Needless to say, the book arrived today and is heading off to Mt. TBR for now.

Journal Entry 3 by WestofMars from Mars, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 15, 2008
Slowly, slowly, I get caught up. When the books are as wonderful as this one, it's hardly a chore to dig myself up to the top of Mt. TBR.

I had a hard time putting this down. Molly's voice is strong and the period details are utterly convincing. Characters are well drawn, even the secondary ones. I can't wait to spend more time with Molly Murphy.

Journal Entry 4 by WestofMars at To a Moocher, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/22/2008 UTC) at To a Moocher, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases

Happy reading! I hope to hear from this great book again one day.