The Little Prince

by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Little-Nel of Nottingham, not specified not specified on 8/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Little-Nel from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Delightful! A little Gem...

This is such a beautiful story, if I had children I would want to read it to them.

This is a story of a thoughtful and inquisitive prince, and his tender love for a little flower!

Behind the childlike story, the tale touches grown ups - our heartfelt searches, on the loss and regaining of meaning. Very poignant.

Here is an excerpt - I had to include it, I couldnt resist!

'If you tame me, my life will be full of sunshine. I shall recognise the sound of a step different from all the others. The other steps send me hurrying under ground. Yours will call me out of my burrow like the sound of music. And look yonder! Do you see the cornfields? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. Those cornfields don;t remind me of anything. And I find that rather sad! But you have hair the colour of gold. So it will be marvellous when you have tamed me! Wheat, which is also golden, will remind me of you. And I shall love the sound of the wind in the wheat...'

Journal Entry 2 by Fluffy-Owl from Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Little-Nel gave this to me as a birthday present! Thank you very much, I was given the original in French a while ago, but as my French is not very good I'm glad I now have one in English! Thank you again!

Journal Entry 3 by Fluffy-Owl from Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, June 12, 2006
Absolutely charming! A real delight to read, and like it says in the blurb, it does make sense to adults.

Now going off on a Relay to Germany. Hope it travels well and arrives safely!

Journal Entry 4 by Forza-St-Pauli from Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Thanks for this book !