The Time Traveler's Wife

by Audrey Niffenegger | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Sunnybubble of Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on 8/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Just finished my copy of this and sent it off to teachie, when I spotted another one in the charity shop for 50p so picked it up for bookcorossing. Will offer this one to Giz-angel on the relays!

Journal Entry 2 by Giz-angel from Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 16, 2005
WOW thanks sunlight - I was excited to get this fab parcel this morning, and including teas and SMARTIES! Yum! Think this is on my wish list and if it isn't it should be, so am very pleased.

Journal Entry 3 by Giz-angel from Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Halfway through this - I was not sure I was going to like it, firstly because of the buzz and secondly the first few pages didn't grab me, but now I am LOVING it! I don't want it to end! So I will be back to journal it soon when I have finished it.

Journal Entry 4 by Giz-angel from Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Finished it - I so didn't want to but I have! In the final analysis I totally loved this book - and so well written, such attention to detail. Wow. AM sad that it ended.

Am going to lend this to a friend who probably won't journal it despite my nagging, and then I will relay or RABCK it - no WAY am I wild releasing it as mine never seem to get found!

Journal Entry 5 by Giz-angel from Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, November 18, 2005
OK this has returned to me - my friend loved it v much. So now I will relay it or something :-)

Journal Entry 6 by Giz-angel from Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 20, 2005
going to andthings as a trade :-)

Journal Entry 7 by andthings on Saturday, December 24, 2005
Arrived safe yesterday. I will enjoy reading this over the next couple of nights while I am stuck working night shift over Christmas.

Update 30/12/05 :- I read this book over Christmas while I was stuck at work. It is an amazing book, 1/2 romance 1/2 fantasy. I don't know what I was expecting before I read this but it is an amazing gripping read. As I have stayed in Chicago I also liked the references to the location, I could picture henry being stood next to buckingham fountain in the cold.

Journal Entry 8 by andthings on Friday, December 30, 2005
Bookring instructions (Thank you Catsalive)
1. SIGN UP for this bookring by sending me a Private Message. Order of participants will be juggled between geography, date of request and shipping limitations. Late additions may be added to the end of the list.
2. When the person before you on the list finishes reading the book, they will send you a Private Message for your postal address. If you no longer wish to read it or want your place in the list moved, let them (and me!) know and I will move you down/off the list.
3. WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE BOOK please make a journal entry so everyone knows it has safely arrived.
4. WHEN YOU FINISH THE BOOK, make another journal entry telling us what you thought - did you like it? Did you think it was well-written?
5. CONTINUE THE BOOKRING by sending a Private Message to the person after you on the bookring list and request their postal address. Please check back here for the latest distribution list. If the person doesn't respond within 7-10 days (use your judgement), please PM the next person, and then me, so I can update the bookring list.
6. END OF THE RING, Back to me

Here is the order for the bookring: red = finished, green = yet to read, blue = reading.

MonkeCatcher - New Zealand - prefer to ship to NZ or Australia
Secotyne - Switzerland - europe
WelshHelen - uk - prefer Europe/UK.
Willowfae - uk - uk only
suzstina - us - us only
wolfprincess - us - us only
collectorkerri - us - int surface
starrdust - canada - int surface

Journal Entry 9 by MonkeCatcher from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, January 22, 2006
Received in the mail today. I will get onto it straight away :)

Journal Entry 10 by MonkeCatcher from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Thank you so much for starting the ring, andthings - I absolutely adored it!! So much attention to detail, and the ending was absolutely beautiful. An extremely captivating story, and I'm so glad that I have had the chance to read it. What an absolutely amazing book!

Thanks again andthings - I'll be sending this off to Secotyne in about an hour :)

Journal Entry 11 by Secotyne from Carouge, Genève Switzerland on Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Amazing ! Great story !
Couldn't put it down(finished it yesterday at 2 a:m.)
Thank you for sharing this book Andthings
I'm pm-ing WelshHelen tonight.

Journal Entry 12 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, March 04, 2006
Arrived safely today from Secotyne - thank you. I have a book to finish and another ring book in the queue before this one, but I will get to it as soon as I can. I'm really looking forward to reading it :-)

Journal Entry 13 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, March 27, 2006
I must admit, I'm a bit ambivalent about this book. I did enjoy it, a lot because of the unusual storyline, but it certainly wasn't un-put-downable. Maybe the whole thing was just too long - abit of judicious editing would have made the world of difference.

I have Willowfae's address and will post on to her by the end of the week.

Thanks to andthings for organising the ring

Journal Entry 14 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, March 30, 2006
Posted first class to Willowfae today.

Journal Entry 15 by Willowfae from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 18, 2006
Have now finished this. Great book, but only an 8 out of 10 as the beginning really didn't grab me and I found it hard to get into. It definately got better though and is well worth persevering with. Once I got used to the style and the notion of Henry time travelling I found it a riviting read.

Have pmd the next person and will get it sent on as soon as poss.

Journal Entry 16 by mellowdaisy on Friday, August 25, 2006
This arrived today, thank you to Willowfae for sending it and to andthings for starting the ring.

I've heard lots of good things about this book and I can't wait to get started on it, I have a couple of bookrings before it though, hopefully it won't be too long before I send this on.

Journal Entry 17 by mellowdaisy on Monday, October 09, 2006
Wow! This book was absolutely amazing! I'm so pleased I have had the chance to read it as I really couldn't put it down and it was such a fantastic story. I have been reading it in my lunch breaks at work and when I was crying at my desk today I got a few funny looks! I'm so sorry I've kept it for a while as well, but I've finished studying now and I'm getting through all these books I have here!!

I have PMed the next person on the list and will send it on as soon as I have an address.

Journal Entry 18 by Mary-T from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Thanks for sending, mellowdaisy! And thanks for sharing, andthings! :)
I'm sorry for this late entry - but I had constant problems with my internet-access... :(
I hope to be able to read this very soon although I have to read more... ;)
I'll keep you posted.

4.01.07
sometimes things get in between...
Sorry for holding-up this for so long. It even takes me some time to read - even though it's really grabbing me. I think I will get the time and mood to finish this in the next days and I already approached the next participant. So I'm sure this will be on the road again real soon!
Thanks for this bookring and your patience. :)
What I think of the book itself... later ;)

16.01.07
Well - at first I got kind of dizzy 'bout all those travellings... and the fact he always travels without clothing seemed to be weird to me.
But anyway it's good to read and somehow I liked it.
Even though all stories about time-travelling make me feel nervous when I allow my head to think it over too much... ;)
But well - this can be stopped. *eg*
For me it was not really THAT love story and on the other hand it definetly was. (In case this makes any sense)
I think I like this book - and of course I did enjoy reading it. Thanks a lot for letting me join this ring! :)

tyvmdear wants to be skipped... so I pm'ed collectorkerri now. And as soon as I have the address Clare will be travelling...

Journal Entry 19 by collectorkerri from Springfield, Illinois USA on Monday, January 29, 2007
Received today. Will read ASAP.

Journal Entry 20 by collectorkerri from Springfield, Illinois USA on Monday, February 19, 2007
I think this is my first 10-rated book. I absolutely loved every minute of this book. Like Giz-angel, I didn't want it to end. The story of Henry and Clare's relationship was just so compelling I hated to put it down and couldn't wait to get back to it. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a book that much. It also helped that I have lived most of my life in the Chicago area and loved the references to places I know. I was sorry to have to bring it to the post office; I think I may have to buy my own copy. Thanks for sharing, andthings!

I sent on to suzstina today.

Journal Entry 21 by suzstina from Deptford, New Jersey USA on Monday, February 26, 2007
I received this in today's mail, and am very excited to read it, especially after reading all of the positive comments posted here! Thanks for including me.

Journal Entry 22 by suzstina from Deptford, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, March 21, 2007
I was really looking forward to this book and I did enjoy it quite a bit. I like time travel stories in the first place, and so enjoy the moving around as it was.

I have to say I'm surprised that I've read so many reviews (perhaps elsewhere) with a highly emotional "love it or hate it" response. My own experience with this book was not that intense. I would mark it as slightly better than average. I think I was more amazed at the author's ability to keep the technical storyline going and bring it together - I would consider it a fine piece of writing for mechanics.

I cared about the characters; I wanted to keep reading and enjoyed it until the end. That's always enough to make me happy with a book.

Before this I read The Camel Club
and after this I read The Last Templar.

wolfprincess asked to be skipped, and collectorkerri confirmed she did not need the book back again, and so I have forwarded to starrdust, in the mail on March 20th. Hope it arrives safely.

Thank you, andthings, for letting me be part of your bookring!

Journal Entry 23 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 27, 2007
I picked this book up from my local Post Office today ~ thanks so much for passing it on, suzstina. It arrived safely. I can't wait to get started reading this one!

Journal Entry 24 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 25, 2007
I wasn't able to start reading this book as soon as it arrived, but have now done so and finished reading the last page today. It was an interesting story-line and once I got into it I really did feel connected to the characters. I liked the format of Clare's perspective and then Henry's; somehow this worked for me. When I didn't have a lot of time to read I could just pick up the book and read short 'chunks' as the novel was written this way, and this satisfied me. Glad to have been part of this Bookring, and I know I'll remember this novel for quite some time - - it gets me thinking. A little odd in places, but I was able to work through that.

Thanks andthings! I've sent a pm to get your mailing address so I can send Henry & Clare home to you.

Journal Entry 25 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 21, 2008
andthings had informed me last year that I could keep this book and decide what to do with it rather than sending it back. Will take it to the local BC MeetUp.

Journal Entry 26 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 22, 2008
Released tonight at the BookCrossing meet-up in Barrie, at Tim Horton's (Essa Rd/Bryne Dr).

Journal Entry 27 by maggiemuffet from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 15, 2008
picked up at Bookcrossing meet-up almost a month ago.

Journal Entry 28 by maggiemuffet at -- Controlled Release in Barrie, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 15, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (6/15/2008 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in Barrie, Ontario Canada

giving to my son as this is more to his genre than mine. Releasing for Never Judge a Book by its Cover Challenge, SCi-Fi week.