Rachel's Holiday

by Marian Keyes | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by nice-cup-of-tea of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 8/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Bought from Buecher Brocky in Zurich, an enormous and fantastic second hand bookstore :-)

Journal Entry 2 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, August 28, 2005
I adore Marian Keyes books, and can easily and happily re-read them many times! Rachel's holiday charts Rachel's overdose on drugs, her stay in a rehab clinic and her slow recovery. Whilst this subject matter may not lend itself to a 'rollicking good read' (my words!), this is a great novel, funny, sad and moving. Keyes manages to make the reader examine their own life and emotions, feelings about love, work, families and life generally. Wonderful!

Journal Entry 3 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, December 02, 2005
Will take this to the Zurich meetup next week for Scarletbea in trade for "Music and Silence"

Journal Entry 4 by ScarletBea from Honley, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 09, 2005
Came home with me to decide among 2 books, which one was the trade with nice-cup-of-tea.
This one lost, but I'll read it before returning it next month ;)

Journal Entry 5 by ScarletBea from Honley, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 12, 2005
This is a truly amazing book!

I loved it, and I think it's missing out on lots of good and important readers that are put off by the cover, the colours, the font and the general 'chick-lit brainless' appearance.

A story about addition and recovery, and the *bloody hard way in-between*.
She's an amazing writer, you could believe she had been through that...

Journal Entry 6 by ScarletBea at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (1/10/2006 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Returning it to nice-cup-of-tea

Journal Entry 7 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, January 12, 2006
Received back from ScarletBea - thanks!