Das Urteil

by John Grisham | Other |
Registered by kittybrombeere of Ladenburg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 8/7/2005
Journal Entry 1 by kittybrombeere from Ladenburg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, August 07, 2005
Die Frau einen Lungenkrebskranken verklagt die Tabakindustrie. Zwar werden die Geschworenen von der Außenwelt abgeschottet, doch irgendwer scheint sie trotzdem zu manipulieren.

Kommt am 12.8. mit zum Meetup.

Journal Entry 2 by wingtigerlewing from Kürnbach, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, August 12, 2005
Beim Meetup im Fritz mitgenommen. Ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher ob ich das Buch nicht schon kenne, aber das lässt sich nach einem kurzen Anlesen feststellen.

Journal Entry 3 by wingtigerlewing from Kürnbach, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Sehr gut und detailliert dargestellt ist die Rekrutierung von Geschworenen, der Verlauf des Prozesses und die teils hinterhältige Manipulation der einzelnen Jurymitglieder bzw. deren Angehöriger. Das Ende der Verhandlung erscheint mir etwas zu abrupt und auch irgendwie nicht ganz passend zu der sonst spannenden Geschichte.

Journal Entry 4 by wingtigerlewing at OBCZ Blaues Haus in Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Thursday, November 24, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (11/25/2005 UTC) at OBCZ Blaues Haus in Nürnberg, Bayern Germany

kommt mit zum Christkindlmarkt-Meetup

Journal Entry 5 by wingbcz-nuernbergwing from Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Saturday, November 26, 2005
Ich bewahr es auf, bis sich ein neuer Leser findet

Journal Entry 6 by Fritos from Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Bayern Germany on Friday, December 16, 2005
Took this book from the Blaue Haus in Nürnberg. Thanks brombeere.

Journal Entry 7 by Fritos from Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Bayern Germany on Thursday, February 16, 2006
This german paperback is going to vc-mike from Ventura, CA. Have fun.

Journal Entry 8 by vc-mike from Ventura, California USA on Thursday, March 02, 2006
'Fritos' sent this book in German, instead of English, as requested! I'll check @ the next meetup & see if 'Lucinda' wants to try it?! We wiil see ! It will be on 'reserve' for now! I see it went to the 'Criskindlmarkt' meetup in Nurnburg Nov 25, 2005 !! Thanks to 'kittybrombeere', tigerle', bcz-nuernberg, & 'fritos' for this book ! I lived in Nurnburg/Furth area at 'William O. Darby Kaserne' for 2 years & I loved the Criskindlmarkt for it's beauty & shopping !!
4/21/06~I'm glad Jessi626 in Bingen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany got The Runaway Jury/Das Urteil from 'Katintheboots', my BC friend in Ventura, California, USA!! I gave this 10*'s when I read the English version!

Journal Entry 9 by katintheboots on Tuesday, March 07, 2006
My grandmother, first generation Swiss-American, spoke four languages, including German. Sadly, I only inherited her knowledge of English and Spanish. I know a few people who know some German...I'll ask if any one of them would be interested in receiving this book. Failing that, I might put it up on the forums to see if any German speaker living in the US would like it.

Journal Entry 10 by katintheboots on Friday, April 07, 2006
I had no luck finding anyone on this side of the Atlantic who wanted to read this, so back to Germany it goes. I put it in the mail this evening for Jessi626 as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 11 by Jessi626 from Otterberg, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, April 21, 2006
I received the book on Wednesday. Thank you katintheboots!

So, also das Buch ist seit Mittwoch zurück in Deutschland. Es wird aber leider noch ein bißchen dauern, bis ich es lesen kann.

Journal Entry 12 by vc-mike from Ventura, California USA on Friday, April 21, 2006
Thanks to 'katintheboots' & 'jessi626 for moving this well traveled book ! 'Katintheboots' is my 'homegirl/BC friend' in Ventura, California, USA, & 'Jessi626' in Bingen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany !! 'Fritos' my BC friend in Neumarkt Opz, Munchen, Germany sent it to me !
Das Urteil/The Runaway Jury is a great read about a jury in the South, being pushed by one juror and one outside with influence to sway the other 11 jurors ideas to get a verdict against the American Tobacco conglomerates for causing a smoker to die from the cigarets he smoked ~ ! The whole story is well covered from both the defendants(Tobacco Companies), and the plaintiff( a single lady) !! It's the attempted manipulation of the other 11 jurors that makes this a great read !! Have fun reading it, 'jessi626' & move it on when you are done !! I forgot to rate this book wehn I had it, so I am doing it today !
Remember, when you see this journal entry, it is "NOW" in "Jessi626's" posession & NOT vc-mike's !!