Deal Breaker

by Harlan Coben | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by lovemylife of Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on 8/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, August 06, 2005
Sports agent Myron Bolitar and Christian Steele have a deal going, but When Christian gets a ohone call from a presumably dead former girlfriend, the deal starts to go sour.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 16, 2005
This arrived today! Thanks so much for fulfilling my wish lovemylife!
I'm looking forwards to reading it!

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 14, 2014
Myron Bolitar is an ex-pro basketball player, ex-FBI agent, and now a sports agent. His partner Win is the muscle and money behind the operation. Bolitar signs Christian Steele, and up and coming quarterback, and is trying to get him the best deal he can when Steele gets an anonymous letter in the mail with a magazine containing the picture of his girlfriend who had disappeared a few years ago. Bolitar doesn't want this to affect his client, so he starts to investigate but he has some history with the disappearance as well. Bolifar was dating her sister. Though you wouldn't expect a sports agent to make a good investigator, Bolitar is able to figure things out and start piecing together the puzzle.

Bolitar and Win are interesting characters with a dry sense of humor that makes for some entertaining banter. It's not a typical mystery but was fun and kept my attention. There was just one thing that didn't make much sense. How is it possible for a person to go from sports to the FBI back to sports? This seems impossible and not much is explained about Bolitar's FBI background, making it seem like a detail that Coben wanted to prove that Bolitar could investigate, but hadn't put any thought in to how it came to be. This bothered me throughout the book. I think it would have been better to just say he went from sports, back to school for law, and then became an agent.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 16, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/15/2016 UTC) at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.