The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl S.)

by Eoin Colfer | Teens |
Registered by asterw of Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on 8/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, August 06, 2005
No. 4 in Artemis Fowl series.

From bookcover:
The Fairy People have wiped all knowledge of their world from the brain of the only human they're scared of: criminal genius Artemis Fowl. But now they need him -and fast.

Evil pixie Opal Koboi is planning world destruction. Stopping her will involve clearing Captain Holly Short's name of murder, springing a kleptomaniac dwarf from jail and convincing a super-intelligent centaur that he doesn't know it all.

If only Artemis could remember why all these strange creatures are depending on him..."

Journal Entry 2 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, August 20, 2005
Yet another nice, funny, quick read book of the Artemis Fowl series. Dwarf Mulch has a critical role again -luckily, because he makes me laugh so much!

Offered at YBS#7 of bookrelay. I hope whoever gets it will enjoy it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 3 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Mailed today to Karendawn for the YBS#7.

Enjoy and thanks for choosing my book!

Journal Entry 4 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, September 02, 2005
I got the book today (it took a detour through Texas to my husband who sent it to me along with a box other other books that arrived after I moved back to Indiana). :)

I'm excited! I'm reading the second book now, the third is on my shelf TBR, and now I have this one! I feel an Artemis Fowl marathon coming on!

Thank you very much for offering this book in the YBS!

Oh, and I love the look of the book. Very different from the cover in the U.S.

Journal Entry 5 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Thursday, December 22, 2005
I couldn't put this book down. Another great Artemis Fowl adventure - in fact, probably the best one yet. Even more intense than any of the others, there was also more loss than any of the others, but in the end perhaps both Artemis and Holly have gained something that they never would have had they never met and worked together.

Journal Entry 6 by karendawn at on Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (1/3/2006 UTC) at

off to Ixion who picked this up in YBS #10

Journal Entry 7 by Ixion from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 08, 2006
Wow, this book has made quite the journey around the world, huh? The book has been to Greece... I wanna go now! :pout:

Karendawn has sent me more books than any other person. I always feel guilty... she probably has pre-printed labels with my address on it. :blush:

I can't wait to start this series, I know this isn't the first, but I'll keep it until I get there. Thanks so much for the Yankee Book Swap book!

Journal Entry 8 by Ixion at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, March 11, 2019
I've had this book in my collection for much too long. I've been listening to this series via audiobook due to my long commute. I recently downloaded this book onto audio and realized it was time to move this one along. Placing in my LFL tonight.

PS - if you wait long enough - wishes can come true. I've been to Knossos, Athens, and Rhodes. :)

Journal Entry 9 by FortHuntLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, March 11, 2019
Placing into the Fort Hunt Little Free Library.

Released 1 yr ago (4/28/2019 UTC) at Day Of The Book (Street Festival) On Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

Hi! You've picked up a special book. This book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com. Leave a message for those who follow and pick up this book.