1st to Die: A Novel

by James Patterson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by LastMango of Little Britain, Ontario Canada on 8/3/2005
Journal Entry 1 by LastMango from Little Britain, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Picked this up today at the used book store...from the bargain bin.

Journal Entry 2 by LastMango from Little Britain, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Finished this late last night. Lots of plot twists and turns.

Hope to put it in the mail tomorrow to snowy652.

Journal Entry 3 by LastMango from Little Britain, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Sent to snowy652 in today's mail. She's going to send me the second book in the series when she's finished reading both.

Journal Entry 4 by snowy652 from Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada on Monday, October 03, 2005
thanks for the book -- my husband was more excited to see it than me I think (and I am the book addict) -- He will be reading it first and then I will read it -- following we both will read 2nd chance and send it off to lastmango as a book trade

***My husband read this one and rated it an 8/10

Journal Entry 5 by snowy652 from Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 05, 2006
Amazon.com
The Women's Murder Club pits four San Francisco women professionals against a serial killer who's stalking and murdering newlyweds in bestselling author James Patterson's newest thriller. Lindsay Boxer is a homicide inspector who's just gotten some very bad news. She deals with it by immersing herself in her newest case and soliciting the personal as well as professional support of her closest friend, who happens to be the city's medical examiner. The two women, along with an ambitious and sympathetic reporter and an assistant DA, form an unlikely alliance, pooling their information and bypassing the chain of command in an engaging, suspenseful story whose gruesome setup is vintage Patterson.
"What is the worst thing anyone has ever done?" the killer muses to himself early in the narrative. "Am I capable of doing it? Do I have what it takes?" Answering his own question, he embarks on a murderous spree that takes him from the bridal suite in a Nob Hill hotel to a honeymoon destination in the Napa Valley and thence to a wedding reception at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Dispatching his victims on the happiest day of their lives, he purposefully leaves enough clues for his distaff trackers to discover his identity and put him behind bars. But just when the women think they've got the case all wrapped up, the killer turns the tables on them in a bloody denouement that even the most discerning reader won't see coming. Patterson, author of the popular Alex Cross mysteries, promises future adventures for the Women's Murder Club, which may give him an opportunity to develop his heroines' characters more completely and win new fans among those who prefer their detectives in high heels and lipstick.

**** I very much enjoyed this one. It was full of events that kept me wanting to turn the page. I enjoyed the character development and the twists and turns -- it kept me guessing until the very end.

****I will be lending this one to my mother-in-law and upon return of it -- will release it.

**** I will be reading book 2 of the series "2nd Chance" later this month and mailing it off to lastmango to fulfill my part of the trade

Journal Entry 6 by snowy652 at Bookrelay in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (9/5/2006 UTC) at Bookrelay in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

sending to Oklahoman

Journal Entry 7 by Oklahoman from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, September 14, 2006
Thanks!