Ralph's Party

by Lisa Jewell | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 014027927x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingCandyDarlingwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 8/2/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Meet the residents of 31 Almanac Road in a romantic, engrossing novel that takes you up the garden path, through the front door and into the most intimate parts of other people's lives.

Ralph and Smith are best friends. Until they both fall for Jem, their new flatmate. Jem's got a strong feeling that one of them's the man for her - but which one?

Karl and Siobhan live in the flat above. Happily unmarried for fifteen years, it looks as if nothing could spoil their domestic idyll.

Except maybe Cheri, the femme fatale in the top flat. She's got her eye on Karl and she isn't about to let his fat girlfriend stand in her way ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, August 22, 2005
Offered on the Chicklit Relay - Europe only relay on

Sent today to asterw. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, September 05, 2005
I picked it up today at the post office.
Thank you CandyDarling!

Journal Entry 4 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, May 15, 2006
I LOVED this book! Although I've read many enjoyable books lately, it's been a long time since I last read a book that I just couldn't put down -and that's the case with this one. I think what I liked best was that, in contrast to other chick-lit books where the characters are quite crazy, suffer by a tremendous luck of logic and confidence, the events taking place are a bit hard to believe, in this book the characters were real, they really were the boys and girls next door, with believable lives and thoughts that I've shared in the past quite often.

I'll be looking for other Lisa Jewell books in the future!

Journal Entry 5 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, May 20, 2006
Mailed today to KarinAlyssa as part of a relay

Journal Entry 6 by KarinAlyssa on Monday, May 29, 2006
Great book coming from Spain = Tremendous fun in front of my mailbox. Thanks AsterW for sharing it on BookRelay, I hope it's as good as it seems.

Journal Entry 7 by KarinAlyssa on Saturday, January 31, 2009
Read over a year ago and it was a great chick lit book as Lisa Jewell can write!