Midnight's Children

by Salman Rushdie | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by morsecode of Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on 7/30/2005
Journal Entry 1 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Saturday, July 30, 2005
I found this book in the discount section of Borders and I just couldn't pass it up at $3.99.
Early Salman Rushdie, this book is amazing. Evidence: it won the Booker Prize.
The main character is born at the exact moment of Indian independence and his life mirrors that of the new country.
Steeped with magical realism this book is extraordinary.
Note to readers: it does get a little slow at times, but regardless it is a wonderful book. (k)

Journal Entry 2 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Thursday, August 4, 2005
RABCK
Sent to honey1982 because it was on her wishlist.
The lady at the post office said it should arrive in a week. (k)

Journal Entry 3 by honey1982 from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 9, 2005
My first RABCK. Thank-you very much. I'm so excited to read this. I have a few on my shelf ahead of it and a bookring too, so please be patient. I will be passing this along once I am finished. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 4 by honey1982 at Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 18, 2013
Wonderful! Read this with my coworker and sparks notes! It's been a long time since a book has made me think so much. I'm struck by the ego of the main character and didn't find him likeable. At times, this made it difficult to read. Through research, we learned so much about this part of the world. I think this book will be travelling around the office for the next few months.