Inkheart

by Cornelia Funke | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Megi53 of Danville, Virginia USA on 7/27/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, July 27, 2005
I have heard nothing but good reviews for this book, so when I saw it at Goodwill for next-to-nothing, of course I picked it up.

It has breathtakingly poignant paragraphs from other good kids' and teens' books opening each chapter, and very cool drawings. The ferrety-looking critter with the little horns is interesting.

I didn't read this copy because a Bound-To-Stay-Bound edition is on its way to my library.

Mailing to another Virginia bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 2 by vavoice from Glen Allen, Virginia USA on Tuesday, August 9, 2005
I received this book today! A German tale translated to english. I'm not familiar with the author or title, but it looks interesting, plus it has the ALA stamp. This may take a while to read....big book.....small print....slow brain. But I'm game ;o)
Thanx Megi53!

Journal Entry 3 by vavoice from Glen Allen, Virginia USA on Thursday, February 5, 2009
I must admit, I have been extremely negligent in journalling my books. I read this book a year, or so, ago and liked it. I thought it was a little dark for younger--under 12 yrs--readers.

I recently loaned it to a co-worker for her 14-yo to read, and if her note to her mother is any indicator, she liked it, too :o)

"Mom,

Can you ask your friend at work if he can get me the next book in the Inkheart series? I am DYING to read it!"

By a stroke of luck, I just happened to have the sequel. Now, if I can find the third installment ;o)