Cloud, Castle, Lake (Pocket Penguins 70's S.)

by Vladimir Nabokov | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by STP-921375 on 7/26/2005
Journal Entry 1 by STP-921375 on Tuesday, July 26, 2005
"In May 2005 Penguin will publish 70 unique titles to celebrate the company's 70th birthday. The titles in the Pocket Penguins series are emblematic of the renowned breadth of quality of the Penguin list and will hark back to Penguin founder Allen Lane's vision of good books for all'. A masterful novelist in both his native Russian and in English, Nabokov shocked a generation when Putnam, now a part of the Penguin group, published Lolita the account of one man's longing for a very young girl in 1955. Stylish, intricate and sensuous, these wickedly inventive stories are a rich combination of humour and horror: exploring questions of literature, love, madness and memory."

Journal Entry 2 by STP-921375 on Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Sending to clarrie-rose as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by BC-08080413432 from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, July 29, 2005
A lovely surprise this morning! Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by BC-08080413432 from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, December 12, 2005
I forgot to journal this when I read it months ago - sorry! I enjoyed this book - Nabokov is such a skilful writer and I think these stories could be read lots of times and you'd get something new every time. I recommend this book to the next reader - it's good.

Journal Entry 5 by BC-08080413432 at Pen and Wig pub OBCZ in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, April 29, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (4/29/2006 UTC) at Pen and Wig pub OBCZ in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

I'm bringing this to the Cardiff meet today at 2pm.