Hunting Unicorns

by Bella Pollen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by akg of Didcot, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 7/23/2005
Journal Entry 1 by akg from Didcot, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 23, 2005
The two main characters are Rory and Maggie. Rory is the youngest son of the Earl and Countess of Bevan who is trying to help his parents keep their house. Maggie is an American journalist sent to Britain to research a documentary on the decline and fall of the upper classes.

The book is written in alternating first person. This is a style I don’t like, but it works here better than in most books as the story still flowed and didn’t feel too disjointed. However I still think it is odd to select one of the first person views to be from a dead character.

It is a pleasant book, which I managed to easily finish in two days. Although it is described as a romantic comedy I only found a few incidences of true comedy, most of seem to be based on fact or urban myths about the upper class. From the description of the book I was hoping for a stronger story and can’t help but feel disappointed.

Journal Entry 2 by akg at Dentist in Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (8/30/2005 UTC) at Dentist in Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

In the waiting room of the dentists at Harwell IBC

Journal Entry 3 by baggyjojoba from Shrivenham, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 03, 2005
great book ,,very readable for a holiday read