Come Together

by Josie Lloyd, Emlyn Rees | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by angi612uk of Whitchurch, Somerset United Kingdom on 7/18/2005
Journal Entry 1 by angi612uk from Whitchurch, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, July 18, 2005
Amy, a worn-out twenty-something on a B-road to nowhere, sitting at a set of traffic lights at Sex Corner that have been stuck on red for six months, and merrily kidding herself that the slowest route with the greatest number of hurdles will eventually make her happy, meets Jack.

Also single, Jack lives his life as if on the outside lane of a motorway driving a Porsche, living fast and playing hard, occasionally taking a slip road to Shag Town where he can be guaranteed a different woman at every exit, zooming off into the sunset as soon as he has finished and neatly avoiding commitment as he puts his foot to the floor and accelerates to the next junction.

A witty, shrewd and ultimately highly entertaining novel, Come Together takes a new route over traditional terrain, seeping into the psyche of one man and one woman as they take their first tentative steps towards coupledom. As Lloyd and Rees deftly switch from his point of view to hers, the reader eavesdrops on two different takes of the same situation, highlighting those all important differences between the complicated mating rituals of the male and female of the species.

Guaranteed to cause arguments over a pint, this light, enjoyable novel adds a new twist to the Bridget Jones phenomena, taking the "woman in search of a meaningful relationship" one step further, in a refreshingly different take on a familiar theme.
Meet Jack: Jack Rossiter. I'm twenty-seven years old, single, and live with my best mate Matt. Matt and I started hanging out when we were eight. Life was simpler then. Our idea of fashion was polyester. I told him I wanted to be a spy and he asked me who I'd marry. I imagined falling in love with a girl so perfect I couldn't even guess her name. Things have changed since then. I did fall in love for a while but it didn't work out. And single is good, single is fun. Meet Amy: Sometimes, in my darker moments, I've thought about trying internetdating. But surely it can't be that hard to find what I'm looking for? All I want is the right job and the right man. But all I ever manage is the wrong place at the wrong time. It's been six months since I last had sex. Six months! Well, enough is enough. This is the year I'm going to sort it all out for good. This year Amy Crosbie's going to have it all. Now find out what happens when they meet each other ...

Journal Entry 2 by angi612uk at Post Office in Watton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (7/20/2005 UTC) at Post Office in Watton, Norfolk United Kingdom

Journal Entry 3 by melody32uk on Wednesday, October 26, 2005
good book. enjoyed reading

CAUGHT IN MUNDFORD NORFOLK UK

Released 15 yrs ago (10/26/2005 UTC) at Bench outside the local postoffice in Gardenstown, Scotland United Kingdom

left on a bench that over looks the harbour of a beautiful fishing village. hope the next person enjoys this as much as I did. It kept me good company on my travel back up to scotland from norfolk.