Wind in the Willows

by Kenneth Grahame | Children's Books |
Registered by Antheras of Kitchener, Ontario Canada on 7/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Antheras from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 17, 2005
Book Description:
Shy Mole, who dreams of an exciting new life by the endless River. Ratty, a friendly, unflappable, altogether civilized chap. Gruff Badger, who hates absolutely Everyone--except all his friend. And Toad. Ohh, Toad--glorious, crazy, doomed Toad: Toad the pampered braggart, Toad the desperate thief, Toad the haunted fugitive and the hero of his own silly dreams.

From buzzing summer days to winter's killing cold, from gentle picnics to deeds of might and daring, from wild escapes to meeting with a god...

Everyone should have a life like this--And friends like these.

Journal Entry 2 by Antheras from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 21, 2005
passing to HoserLauren

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 21, 2005
This book has to be one of the cutest books I've received from bookcrossing.
I quickly flipped through it and it has plenty of lovely illustrations to go along with the story.
When I showed this book to one of my roommates, she told me that her favourite part of The Wind and the Williows was the description of Mr. Mole's house, so I'm looking forwards to reading it.

Thanks so much Antheras for granting my wish!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 22, 2013
This is a children's book about a mole, a rat, a toad, and a badger. They all live close to the river and are very good friends. Toad is rich and is easily obsessed with ideas. When he sees a motor car, he desperately wants one but can't handle the car and gets in a variety of accidents. Mole, rate, and badger try to stage an intervention but it just doesn't work.

This is a classic but I just couldn't get in to it. While the story of Toad and his need for speed was the dominant one, there were times where that story line wasn't being followed at all and it felt like there was no point to what was going on. Overall the book seemed pretty random to me. The dominant theme being friendship, which was nice, otherwise I could have left it. Perhaps the problem is that the book was written in the 1930s and what appeals to people now is quite different to what appealed to people then.

An additional bonus was that the illustrations in this book were quite cute.

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/15/2013 UTC) at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.